Help with fault code please

chrislovett62

Your information say G4 - but you are posting in the G4x forum - is your unit a g4x? 

Fault Code 46 is AN Temp 2 above error high value - this is in the help menu in the software.  Also any faults will have description in the software if you connect a laptop.

Sorry yes it is a g4x ecu, sadly I don't have a laptop with me and supposed to be racing tomorrow at Spa, is there anyway to resolve the problem without a laptop, does this mean I should check the cable from the temp sensor to the ecu and if so is there a wiring diagram or colour code of which would tell me what wire I should be tracing from ecu 

Thank you 

Without knowing how your ecu was setup or a copy of the tune I can't say if it's a wiring issue, or a setup issue.  You can check your water and air temp sensors and make sure it has some resistance and aren't shorted to ground or completely open.  Beyond that I can't say how much your tune might be affected without more information. 

Temp 2 is the input you would want to check on pin 16. 

Using this quick start guide to get your ecu's pinout: http://linkecu.com/documentation/MonsoonXQuickstartGuide.pdf 

Thank you, it has a safe map that runs less power/boost until its up to temperature, hence why the temp sensor is so important, but as I too didn't wire the car originally I'm struggling to locate the temp sensor that's feeding the ecu so wanted to work it back from the ecu so will trace temp2 back and see where it takes me, fingers crossed I find something 

Thanks again

Chris 

Ok so I have downloaded the software and borrowed a laptop and cable and it appears I have a G4+ not G4x or at least it will only connect with the driver and software for this, I had some error codes which were as you said temp sensor, cleared the codes and no longer have the flashing blue led it's a constant blue light, however I still have the issue where car runs fine until engine temp reaches over 80degress then car misfires pops and cuts out as if the map completely changes as expected (was told safe map til engine up to temp) and then it cuts out and won't run or restart until temp drops.

Can you help with how I see in the software where the map changes? 

Thanks 

Chris  

Files attached, can see the temperature reading on the ecu slowly rise as engine warms up however its says no faults and no errors 

can some one tell me how I see how or what the trigger is at 80degrees as this is when the map changes, I expect it to change but for some reason it seems to have the wrong map and/or settings when it changes  

LovettCosworthproblem.pclr lovettcosworth80degreeproblem.llg

You have an issue with the trigger (crank and/or cam sensors).  Prior to about the 10:57 time mark in the log the trigger looked happy, around here can see the RPM starts to get large spikes - some to >10000RPM and trip the RPM limit, the trigger error counter starts to count up rapidly, after this point even at idle there are spikes all over the RPM trace. 

It could be a failing sensor (not very common but not impossible) or a loose connection, loose sensor, damaged wire or potentially some other wiring related issue such as a bad ground etc. 

8wDkKSy.png

Hi Adam,

Thanks for this I will check this, as it was running fine prior to changing a master cutoff switch which meant poking around in the wiring under the dash and my first thought was it was a wiring issue in that I may have disturbed something, do you know which pin on the ECU the crank and/or cam sensors should come back to to help me locate the correct wiring please?