Cyclic idle rb25neo

YONDOA

i have since had my r34 tuned and made a healthy 412kw and im super happy about how everything went with Link and how it performed.  

anyways someone had mentioned to me about cyclic idle being able to cool the car down and limit my time in pits letting it cool off. 

So im asking the community if anyone has screenshots or setups that i may be able to use and tweak or if you have it setup on your rb25/26 would copying it work?

the car runs a bosch 82mm DBW throttle body, can lambda, 4 bar map sensor, 264/272 kelford cams, stock bottom end, 3076GTX. 

still very new to this software so any help would be great as i try to wrap my head around this ECU :)

Cyclic idle on its own is pretty simple to set up.  The basic idea is you have the throttle open quite a bit more than is normally required for idle, the ecu then uses a fuel cut to control RPM at the target cyclic idle speed.  So, with the throttle open, the RPM higher than normal idle, and about 80% of combustion events being "cut", the result is you have a lot of un-combusted, cool air being pumped through the engine/manifold/turbine/exhaust. 

I suggest you set up a switch to activate it only when needed as it makes them pretty horrible to drive if you have it always on - you also will have very little vacuum so boosted brakes wont work. 

The example below will be a reasonable starting point for a basic cool down type strategy.    DI6 is my switch to activate it, when this is off the throttle will go to its normal idle position and there will be no cyclic.  Set ISC override to on, this enables the cyclic override table which controls the e-throttle, set this like my example.  Set AL enable RPM to 20000 so that antilag never gets activated.  Cyclic mode ON = sys armed means it only does cyclic when DI6 is on.  Cyclic idle low/high per my example.  You can experiment with the cyclic idle limit if you want more or less effect.  You can also turn on advanced mode and experiment with start cut/end cut and range to change the sound and smoothness, but start with it off.   

6szfrGo.png

cheers adam really appreciate it, picked up a latched switch on my way home from jaycar today and will give this a try. i have 4 flying leads i hooked up when doing the loom for high/low boost control and rolling antilag. just need to remember what pins i used. now that the car is on flex fuel running a low and high boost setup i can use one of those for the cyclic idle instead. 

ill keep you updated in here if i run into any issues. seems pretty straight forward though. 

in relation to my comment, after reading your post again.

as mentioned i had intended to setup rolling anti-lag at some point, looking at your arming system. you have DI6 to activate. 

im wondering am i able to have cyclic idle on a latched switch and antilag on a momentary. or will i run into an issue here, is it even possible to have both features ready to go when i want or will they clash seeing as cyclic idle is placed within the antilag drop down menu?

so i gave these settings a go before i wired up a switch to arm it.

the idle is extremely erratic and inconsistent. so i did some video hunting and noticed alot of peoples sounded alot more consistent and choppy. where as mine sounds as if it was on boost and breaking up if you get what i mean. 

copied the settings to a tee other then having a switch to arm it. 

What am i missing here or something i can possibly change. 

does link utilise ignition based cyclic idle or fuel based? both seem to sound very different but nothing like how mine sounds when active haha. 

1 hour ago, YONDOA said:

What am i missing here or something i can possibly change. 

21 hours ago, Adamw said:

You can experiment with the cyclic idle limit if you want more or less effect.  You can also turn on advanced mode and experiment with start cut/end cut and range to change the sound and smoothness

1 hour ago, YONDOA said:

does link utilise ignition based cyclic idle or fuel based?

21 hours ago, Adamw said:

the ecu then uses a fuel cut to control RPM at the target cyclic idle speed