From Traditional to Modelled Fuel Equation Mode

Aqmar

Hi,

Appreciate the guidance here.

I have got my car running smoothly with the Traditional Fuel Mode. However, I want to utilize the various sensor I have installed to support the Fuel Equation Mode. I want to have my car run at a better precision, as that is what I understand the Fuel Equation Mode could offer.

When I set up my Fuel Equation Mode, the 2GR engine got no problem to starts when it was at operating temperature (above 80°C). However, when I tried to start the engine below the operating temperature (30°C - 70°C), it just couldn't start. The engine can crank, but it doesn't kick to run the engine. I don't think this is due to Trigger Offset or the timing. I have tried to adjust the Pre Crank Prime or the Pre Crank Enrichment, but it wouldn't do..

What am I missing here? I didn't make much changes to my ignition timing as I understand the Fuel Mode only effects the fuel delivery.  Sorry if this matter has been discussed before; I have tried looking into the forum but couldn't find about this topic.

Below is the link to access the file. There are 2 base maps for comparison. (Traditional vs Modelled) and the Log File so we can have a better analysis of what really the problems are.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xbpB16a7xE8XYHNd9Q8Z4CFu41Ow-TaO?usp=sharing

28 minutes ago, ellisd1984 said:

I think it's a full returned of the fuel tables.  I went from one to the other when I upgraded injectors to save having to tune the fuel twice 

Sorry, I don't quite get what do u mean by full return of the fuel tables. Are you referring to the Fuel System type? For my setup, I rely on my Fuel Pressure Sensor. The engine can start and run at operating temperature but not when it is cold

5 hours ago, Adamw said:

It is nothing to do with fuel or cold start enrichment.  You have a 100% ignition cut because you have enabled a MAP limit which is set lower than atmospheric pressure.  

YBVHvDY.png

Ohh, gosh @Adamw, thanks for pointing it out. I was thinking of having a MAP limit when the ECT is low, but now I realize it was silly to control such a thing when I already have rpm limit to handle that.

Thanks!