Closed loop lambda fine tuning

Phil2JZ

Hey team link.

I’ve got two questions about my settings for closed loop lambda correction for the wide open throttle full RPM.

1. The default setting for the TPS delta 10%100ms. I’m having issues on the street, with TPS delta lock out being applied through every WOT run. I didn’t have this on the Dyno, tuning in forth gear. But I’m assuming it’s because on the street I now run Three different DBW throttle maps. One main throttle map and the other two are for first and second gear power reduction. APS and TPS move around a bit during the first and second gear WOT, triggering the TPS delta.
I’ve now put the TPS delta setting to zero to elevate the lock out, but would like to some insight on what type of Delta number to run. Would 20% or higher be needed, so I can have some lockout when smashing the pedal and the CL not correcting when accel enrichment is applied, but not too much that it locks out the entire closed loop for that gear. 

2. My settings for the sensitivity and accuracy of the closed loop control.

im finding through my WOT runs on the street, that the closed loop is correcting the fueling but it seems to be removing too much and not landing on the target very well. It’s saying it’s increasing fuel on its status, during a WOT run, but showing a removal of say 2-4% and sitting above the target etc. 

I’ve played around with my update rates, and gain. But can’t get it to stick to the target (or bellow target) rather than above target. 

I’ve now set my 3D min allowable trim table to only be able to pull -1% in the high load and rpm zones to counter this issue. 

any help on my setting would be great.

I’ll attach a few photos bellow.

first two photos are logging the TPS delta.

next two photos are logging the closed loop  target.

Other two are the CL gain and update rate tables 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lxe6w36g8yepvj8/AABFNph2JMO-K7IE6YJJ0Nzta?dl=0

Attach or share the log and tune.  You dont even show the TPS delta runtime in any of the pics.  

4 minutes ago, Phil2JZ said:

It’s saying it’s increasing fuel on its status, during a WOT run, but showing a removal of say 2-4%

That would mean the overall CLL trim at that instant in time is -4% but the ecu is increasing that trim - ie the trim is being increased towards zero.

Thanks for the quick reply 

I’ll attach the log for the above TPS delta.

For the closed loop, isn’t it supposed to quickly correct it self so most of that power run in that gear is on the target, not above? 
It stays above the target for the majority of the run. 

Wideband is mounted about 800mm from turbo outlet. (At the bottom of the 3.5” down pipe)

I think you're putting a bit too much faith in CLL.

CLL can only apply an offset the current cell of the active fuel table. It can't guess and correct for a moving target.

The reason Delta lockouts exists is because when you mash the throttle the result of that fuel calculation won't be seen by the O2 sensor for a certain amount of time. And in that time you will no longer be in the same cell. So any offset the CLL system wants to apply will be based on old information.

Think of it like this: It's possible the cell you were initially in was actually quite rich. So when the O2 sensor sees that it wants to remove fuel.
But by the time the result of that mixture reaches the O2 sensor you could be in leaner tuned cell. If the CLL system removed fuel at that point it could be bad.

CLL is at its best in constant steady state situations. You want to make sure it's locked out in high rate of change situations.

Thanks for that reply. 

Yea I agree and I’m aware how the systems work and the logic behind them but I’m wanting to refine things and potentially have my closed loop gain and update rate setting checked and see if anything can be adjusted to make the closed loop keep the fueling on target more efficiently.

I feel if I have the closed loop off, fueling runs a bit richer than the target. With closed loop on, it’s pulling too much fuel out and sitting above the target. 

And yea, tps delta, am I needing to adjust the setting to help elevate TPS lock out under my 1st and second gear WOT situation. Or at least have it turn off quickly so most of the rpm band has closed loop monitoring. 

Surely both TPS delta be the closed loom can be refined further 

I have since then, set my min trim table to -1% in the high load and rpm ranges to safeguard the closed loop pulling more fuel out than needed.