Cannot connect to ECU - Supralink plugin G4+

Swampy433

Problem:  Can't connect to ECU from computer.  When using "auto" I get an orange box and "searching"  but never a connection. When using manual and trying to connect I get a red box and "Offline."  and the cannot connect error box.

The ECU has been in the car for a couple of years, Ive been able to access it on regular occasions during that time, last time was about a month ago. The weekend when my tuner came to map it, he couldn't connect. My laptop which I use previously also cant connect.

The blue ready light is on, the car starts and tries to run as it always has, just cant talk to the ECU, what could have changed? 

Deleted and reinstalled the PC Link software, no change.

Ok, CAN you unplug the CAN cable out of CAN 1 socket, and it sounds like you possibly have a driver issue also.  Can you give me a pic of the error in windows device manager.  Do both laptops show the same error in device manager?

On 7/11/2023 at 12:11 AM, Adamw said:

Ok, CAN you unplug the CAN cable out of CAN 1 socket, and it sounds like you possibly have a driver issue also. 

Well that cured the problem! Unplugged it, and the ECU connected no problems, plugged the CANLambda into Port 2 and can still connects. Thanks very much for your help Adam.

Is there a fix for this?

The G4+ has an issue where if there are wires pinned to the RS232 TX/RX pins on the CAN 1 plug it will default to looking for a serial connection via those pins overriding the USB connection.  You can de-pin those pins on your harness for the CAN connection and that should resolve that issue and make the CAN plug usable.