Overrun fuel cut

3vo

Hi all,

very new to this so apologies if below are stupid questions.

i seem to be having an issue with the overrun fuel cut. i took a log and it seems as if it takes quite a long time for the injectors to actually stop. looking at the INJ PW, it doesnt 0 till a few seconds after the fuel cut is active.

also, the TPS delta looks very messy, any likely culprits or is this common?

is this normal or am i missing something?

thanks.

Screenshot 2023-08-01 151254.png

Screenshot 2023-08-01 151644.png

Attach the actual log and a copy of your tune please, also depending on what your Overrun Fuel cut torque reduction/reintroduction time is it can be active but in the process of reducing torque but not performing the cut yet. Have a look at the Fuel cut % runtime as well when reviewing your logs.

The runtime label on the graph possibly needs updating but this text should explain it pretty well.  The orange trace should probably just be labelled "fuel cut" rather than "Overrun Fuel Cut (Status)" so it matches what you would see in an actual log.  

TGHC0Lf.png

You've got 2 seconds of torque reduction/introduction time so overrun fuel cut status is active but the cut isn't being applied yet, you can see the actual cut and the injector pw line up with each other.

I'll change that wording in the help manual

Capture.PNG

Thanks all,

Makes a lot more sense, i think it was the original help file that stumped me, the steps on the bottom of the page that @Adamw posted explain the process much better in the fuel cut operating after the timing has been fully reduced.