E-Throttle problems with Altezza using TALTX

turbospace

Trying to setup E-throttle but have run into several issues and my attempts to troubleshoot them has led to different issues. When attempting to perform a tps calibration when run in the low output of the relay, I will receive a no movement message error 5: tps (main) no movement and when switched to high it will move however with a new error H-bridge polarity inversed which makes sense.  In one of my tests my tps was going all over the place when performing a tps calibration I don't know if it's in any of the log files attached. 

Could these issues be related to a weak battery?

PC Datalog - 2023-08-3 12;42;12 pm.llgx

Additionally just wondering if the car is safe to drive with E-throttle  off? ( The tps only moves when the throttle is mashed so idk if its a bit stuck)

I have seen the H-bridge reversed error on these throttles before.  One of the tests the ecu does during calibration is it fully opens the throttle then shuts off power to the motor, it expects to see the throttle position move towards zero as the spring should pull it closed.  However with some of the Toyota throttles it seems the friction from the extra gears and linkage etc must prevent them from naturally springing closed.  If the ecu doesnt see the TPS move it thinks the throttle must already be closed, therefore reports the H bridge is reversed.   

So, the workaround is to do a manual calibration.  Remove intake pipe so you can access the throttle blade, set E-throttle to setup mode, set E-throttle relay output to none.  Open the runtimes screen (F12) and go to the analog tab, Push throttle blade closed with your fingers and note down the voltages showing on the AN Volt 2 & 3 runtimes.  These are your closed voltages.  Next, push throttle blade so it is open 90deg and note down the open voltages.  Now go to >E-throttle 1>Throttle Position sensor and manually type in those open and closed voltages. 

Set E-throttle relay back to Aux 7.  While you are in e-throttle settings I suggest you change your gains to match the pic below - I've been meaning to update our base map with these.  Set e-throttle mode back to ON.  Do a store. 

XrTTuG2.png  

Okay so i have performed a manual tps calibration and changed the gains to the ones you have suggested in the picture. But now am having a tps fault 75, additionally it still feels like ethrottle is off as i have play with the first 50% of my pedal as seen with 0 movement in the tps but 50% in the aps log file below.

Tps fault 75.llgx

Sorry, I missed an important step when doing a manual cal.  The "TPS (Sub) 100%" setting.  On these toyota throttles the TP sub sensor doesnt cover the full range of movement, so the ecu needs to be told over what range it works.  Its usually around 59% on these, so give it a try at that (you need to set E-throttle mode to setup to change this setting). 

If you still get errors after that change then I will explain how to find the actual value for your car.  

JnKAlHU.png