1jz non vvti trigger issue?

Dyl

Coils and injectors both work in test function but, don't think they are working correctly when cranking engine

TriggerScopeLog3.llgx

unsure if you can see that trigger scope or not I can see the data when connected to the ecu but doesn't show data after I save the file and try to go back into the file

The trigger looks like it's working. What exactly is happening/not happening when you try to start the engine?

Common issues are the trigger offset hasnt been calibrated so it's trying to spark on the wrong stroke.

Or the "Ignition Switch" runtime isn't active so the ECU is doing 100% fuel/ign cut.

coils and injectors say they are active when cranking but haven't got any fuel smell on spark plugs, also removed no1 spark plug and don't seem to have any spark while cranking either, sounds like it is a calibration issue, tried to use timing like to check timing but yeah if I'm getting no spark timing light isn't going to work 

will check the ign switch, cheers

ign switch is set to always on, not too knowledgeable on ecu mapping, just got the base map off the bloke that made the loom for me who had to convert it from a vvti base tune to a non vvti

1jz 1.pclx

Just now, Dyl said:

as the offset and ref timing are locked

double click the little wrench icon and it will bring up a popup window to do those changes.
the trap here is you NEED to press the enter key after typing a new number in otherwise it won't save.

2 minutes ago, Dyl said:

adjusted the arming threshold for trigger 1 and 2

Also this wasn't the important bit. You need to change the Trigger Mode from "1JZ VVTi" to "Multi-Tooth"

• 3 weeks later...

can anyone see anything wrong with this log file, trying to set the base timing right. idles not too bad for about 10 seconds then rpm spikes slightly and i loose my timing mark think its advancing to the point i cant see the line anymore

testing file log.llgx

tried adjusting the delay from 40 upto 80 and it just splutters 

look any better?

only trying to run the engine in a little bit before taking it to tuner, timing still jumps around a little when engine starts warming up and its hard to stuff around with the delay, while its running a bit odd, dont want to blow anything up. Might just leave it up to the professionals.

testing 2.llgx

The reason why the timing starts jumping around is Ignition Idle Control is kicking in and the "base" its trying to achieve is 10deg. so its pulling your timing down to 10 from 24+. 

Try changing your Target to 20, max to 30 for now (the tuner can tweak this later)

image.png.4acd6ba90e85718574f2f014f83ec3d2.png

I'd probably change your Proportional to 1 and Derivative to 0 as well. Again, this will be something your Tuner can dial in correctly.

2 hours ago, Dyl said:

look any better?

Also this log doesnt show any trigger data. Will need to do a Trigger Scope seperately.

Your ECT is saying 2degc and IAT 10degc. Is it really that cold currently?

I see your IAT has been set to the Standard Bosch NTC sensor which is probably fine - but your ECT has no calibration configured which why it won't be reading correctly and causing all sorts of warm-up related issues.

Do you know what sensor you're using? Stock 1J? If so I think if you change that to "STD Bosch NTC" aswell it should be fine.