DBW Idle Surging

Mikau

Currently trying to fix/correct my lack of DBW Idle. Long story short discovered the Tuner had left Idle configured as a CL IAC/Stepper and it had always idle hunted/surged. (From day one the car has been DBW) Wanting to correct this after discovering how wrong it was I took it upon myself to try and learn how to set this up proper with the help of several posts here on the forum and an HPA specific video.

Now while that's all fine and grand, I'm no tuner. Currently the car surges around target idle in both OL and CL, with the occasional bogging like the ecu has lost it's place. Upon putting the car in gear it also drops to about 5-600rpm, adding 1.0-3.0 to the Park/Neutral Step-up Table only seems to effect Idle when out of gear. I'm sure this is a clear misunderstanding on my part. 

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.  

2JZ-vvti

Bosch 2200cc Injectors - I'm sure this alone doesn't help with idle but for the time being new injectors aren't in the budget

Pump - Aero 3.5 Brushless

BC 264 Cams

CL Idle.pclr Idle Log.llg In gear stall.llg

For the neutral/park step to work you will need the gear selector wired to a DI and the DI function needs to be set to neutral/park, otherwise the ecu has no idea when it is in gear.  

Most of your idle speed control settings look to be in the ballpark, the main thing missing from your idle strategy is idle ignition control.  E-throttle is a relatively slow method to adjust torque output, so it doesnt compensate well for abrupt changes in torque requirements.  Idle ignition is needed to take care of the fast load changes.  

Idle ignition RPM lockout works differently to the idle speed control RPM lockout, it is not added to target so needs to be higher.  Start with the settings below.  You are currently idling with about 17deg advance and when you set up this idle ignition like below it should end up with around 10deg most of the time, this will mean the idle base position will need some adjustments again.  

wYLBt6I.png

I noticed your E-throttle is in setup mode (all safeties are disabled) and there are a few settings that dont look right in E-throttle.  Have you calibrated APS and TPS yourself?  

Currently the Gear Input is via Can as this car is currently equipped with an HTG Controller that's sending the signal. Is there a work around for this?

I'll re-enable idle Ignition control, and give your suggested tables a shot.

APS and TPS were calibrated prior by myself. I have Pedal Inputs to be sent as raw voltage via Can to the HTG (Stream 8) and sent back to the Link (Steams 9&10). They use a throttle control modifier they have dubbed "DBW Mod" to handle the cuts and blips during shifts. This being the case I was informed that Limp mode is triggered immediately at "Key On" unless in setup mode, I've yet to try tackling this problem myself.

So is it no longer running a Toyota throttle? 

2 hours ago, Mikau said:

Currently the Gear Input is via Can as this car is currently equipped with an HTG Controller that's sending the signal. Is there a work around for this?

Your Park/Neutral status doesnt change at all in your log.  Either the HTG is not sending that status or you have not set up the ECU to receive it.  

2 minutes ago, Adamw said:

So is it no longer running a Toyota throttle? 

Your Park/Neutral status doesnt change at all in your log.  Either the HTG is not sending that status or you have not set up the ECU to receive it.  

Apologies, it’s equipped with a Bosch 68mm DBW.

My assumption was Gear input was enough. Park/Nuetral is not configured on either side but I am able to assign an output via Can on the HTG. 

Seems to have done the trick, little bit of tweaking and more appropriate injectors would help I'm sure but it's loads better.

Only thing I'm unable to pin point at the moment is the Neutral/Park Switch. I see it's available over CAN but what signal is the Link expecting? I'd assume "0" for Drive and "1" for P/N? If a physical connection is required/preferred that shouldn't prove too difficult to make happen.

CL Idle -Adam (Altered).pclr Idle-IgnControl-Warm.llg