Evo ACD / DBW error

mig23t

Hey brains-trust, 

I cant remember if i saw it on this forum or not.

Is anyone familiar with the extra steps involved with setting up a DBW set up on the evo platform? Pedal and throttle on mine is working superbly, however the car throws the 3 ACD lights up on the dash immediately as the car starts moving - when first started it will show whatever mode is selected (tarmac, gravel,snow) then holds all 3 on as soon as its moved. From memory there is something that needs to wire to the ACD ECU, but cant remember. Is anyone able to shed some light?

G4+ pnp ecu.

Cheers, 

Mick

Hey @Adamw

Just on this, Ive spliced my tps main to what i think is the correct wire/pin on an evo 7 ACD ecu (solid green). Ive just bridged the two with a splice and am experiencing an erratic idle with ECU Fault Code 29: An Volt 7 below Error Low value.
To get rid of this, should i Have cut the solid green wire at the ACD ecu end and just crimped in my spliced wired from the TPS main?

In my head i think Ive created a loop which is giving the feedback to the Link ecu and giving the error?

@Adamw thanks. Ended up cutting the remainder of pin 39 wire and terminated it safely but still experiencing the same 3 lights on the dash issue. Something more sinister at play going on.

Or should I be looking at depinning the factory tps wiring from the ecu connectors and removing that from the equation all together? Currently the factory tps connector in the engine bay is cable tied to the firewall in free space

On 8/30/2023 at 9:54 PM, Adamw said:

So if im following you correctly, you now have a new wire running direct from the TPS to pin 39 on the diff ecu?

What voltages do you have at pin 39 with the throttle open and closed? 

Hey @Adamw,

Turns out, not all evo ACD ecu pin outs are the same- especially with the evo 7.

I’ve got the system working now with the 3 diff modes back and functioning

Cheers.