G4X Xtreme AEM 30-0313 GPS Speedo setup

Andre K

Hi,

I am trying to get my AEM 30-0313 GPS Speedo gauge to read vehicle speed inside Link. I currently have it wired into the ecu via the CAN plug as the AEM instructions show (attached below).

Can someone help me with the setup inside of Link to get speed to work? Not ideal, but this is a temporary solution until I get driven and non driven wheel speed from the car itself sorted out. 

Also, I have a BTI display in place of the factory dash, is there a way for me to use the AEM GPS Speedo gauge to give the Link ecu a speed reference as well as giving my BTI display a speed signal to show speed?

Thanks for the help

Screen Shot 2023-08-24 at 1.02.14 PM.png

tune7 AK.pclx

IMG_4640.jpg

IMG_4640.HEIC

Do you have any other devices on the CAN bus? Because looking at the instructions quickly shows the gauge doesn't have a terminating resistor in it. Which means if it's the only device on the bus you'll have to add one into the loom.

https://www.aemelectronics.com/sites/default/files/aem_product_instructions/30-0313.pdf

The instructions are actually pretty good for setting up the CAN streams. It's just translating the message id.

Seems they're using 29bit id CAN message id though. Haven't experienced that myself yet so curious to see how the admins help you set that up.

6 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

29bit just means set the CAN id format to extended instead of normal

So in the AEM manual when they say the message id is 0x000A0000. Is that just HEX byte1=000A byte2=0000? Which would translate to a Dec id of 2560? Or 655360?

10 hours ago, Adamw said:

Try this.  GPS speed will be received as CAN DI Freq 8, and that is set up as the source for both driven and driving wheel.  Number of satellites is received as CAN AN 8.   

tune7 AK With CAN GPS speed.pclx 474.39 kB · 2 downloads

@AdamwThat fixed it. Thanks a lot for your help.