What is the easiest way and the cheapest way to remotely connect to my ECU?

PepitoGrillo7182

I'm using a G4X ECU. What is the easiest way and the cheapest way to remotely connect to it? In terms of telemetry, I've built some kind of LoRa transmitter using an Arduino, within a CANBUS based system. But this is only useful to get the ECU's data, but what if I also want to tune the ECU? 

Thanks!

The only way you can do it is to have a laptop with a 4g dongle in the car connected to the ecu and a second laptop also with a dongle or wifi if available at the remote location. You can then start up a remote desktop session. If you got a good connection there shouldn't be must lag between the two devices. 

You can use Virtualhere USB server on an android phone (ecu tuning cable plugs into phone USB port) but it is possibly a bit slow, The only time I have used it I had about 10Hz refresh rate in PC Link, not really adequate for tuning. That was with an old Samsung S5 that I had sitting around though, and I think from memory we only had 3g at that track too, so possibly a better phone with 4G would give better performance.

A friend uses an intel NUC with a 4g dongle with remote desktop in an endurance car to monitor things, it works well.  Not a great video but you can see its quite responsive here:  https://fb.watch/mLwQcWQReQ/