Mitsubishi Evo 8+ pNp Firmware Upgrade Error and Crash

Kam

Did you power cycle the ECU correctly when asked to by the installer? If in doubt make sure you can see the blue light on the ECU turn off before turning the power back on as some vehicles have hold power.

Another attempt at installing usually works if the ecu is power cycled properly when requested.

31 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Did you power cycle the ECU correctly when asked to by the installer? If in doubt make sure you can see the blue light on the ECU turn off before turning the power back on as some vehicles have hold power.

Another attempt at installing usually works if the ecu is power cycled properly when requested.

Hi,

Yes I did

And this is a plug and play ecu, it's a board that fits in the factory ecu case, but I checked the internal green light and it did turn off...

I tried 3 times with no success :(

Thanks

I have seen this happen on evo's before where the ecu hold power doesnt let it power cycle.  Try again, but this time when you get to the power cycle step, completely disconnect the battery, or unplug the main ecu connector for about 10seconds, the reconnect and click ok to proceed. 

On 9/8/2023 at 1:39 AM, Adamw said:

I have seen this happen on evo's before where the ecu hold power doesnt let it power cycle.  Try again, but this time when you get to the power cycle step, completely disconnect the battery, or unplug the main ecu connector for about 10seconds, the reconnect and click ok to proceed. 

It worked !

Much Thanks :)