Sc400 with storm g4x not catching idle

SingleTipTerry

I am having a problem where if i blip the throttle/ come to a stop while driving the car just stalls out. i have to give it throttle to keep it alive. its a 1uzfe with the stock 6 wire stepper motor, havent been able to take it to my tuner because hes busy but would like to be able to move the car around without it dying all the time. You can see in the log posted that it had died multiple times and doesnt seem to try to recover the idle. I did have some injector problems when we were tuning it before so with the new injectors it is a pretty rough tune. 

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/36hyxc5x2ynmoofbz3wim/Terry-SC400-Tune-after-injector-replacemnet.pclx?rlkey=w7rdcchq0t5ocu7syqv7s4uf8&dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/e7aya54rgh2dhwzknmses/PC-Datalog-2023-09-10-6-20-39-pm.llgx?rlkey=f9s1agaa02auafe3zg7inefhf&dl=0

By the looks of your base position table it is working in reverse, you should have larger numbers when cold.  To confirm that, with the engine idling, increase the base position to see if the RPM increases or decreases - it should increase with larger values if set correctly.  If it doesnt then change the stepper motor type to unipolar forward.  

After confirming the direction is correct for the next cold start I would change the settings in orange below, set the whole base position table to 50%, do a store, power cycle the ignition, reconnect PC Link, start a PC log, then start the engine and log the full warm up cycle.  Post that log and we can build the base pos table based on that.  

NPiNDrw.png

• 3 weeks later...

So he did wire the iacv in reverse, Got it dialed in pretty good. I was able to drop the car off with the tuner shortly after i made the post. Seems to catch idle pretty decent. and runs good. Part of the problem i was having was a pretty decent vacuum leak that i had missed when putting the intake manifold back on it after swapping the injectors. He did tune it with said vacuum leak so im sure the fuel tables are alittle rich since we both didnt know about it at the time, We never ended up cleaning the fuel tables up after i had fixed the leak because he ran out of time. im going to get a log tomorrow doing some pulls and would like to hear what you think about it. Here is the tune we ended up with https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/7cae13awhqj935ena512p/tune-after-injector-replacement.pclx?rlkey=rqynzczzdpdfnqasmvrqz2o3l&dl=0