Honda B serie 4 coils sometimes no start

Julien GHB

Hi,

I have a G4X OBD1 plug and play on a Civic 4g with 5-0 ignition trigger system.

https://www.50ignite.com/honda-b-series-crank-trigger-kit

Engine is correctly tune and work perfectly, 2 trackday since i installed that.

Sometimes engine don't start, there are ignition and fuel but i think the trigger and home are correctly synchronized, misfire in exhaust. If i try to start again without switch ignition off/on, engine start perfectly.

Once engine is running, there are not any problems.

I see in log file, battery sometimes drop very low during the crank impulse. I tried with battery fully charged and with a battery booster.

I tested to add 360° to trigger offset but no change.

see attached scopes, logs, and calibration.

Anyone can help me ?

ED7 Julien Link bobine Audi Flex oct 23 V1 ralenti.pclx log no start batt full charged.llgx log start batt full charged.llgx TriggerScopeLog no startbatt full charged.llgx TriggerScopeLog start batt full charged.llgx

Yeah, something is wrong with your cam sensor signal.  During initial cranking, its signal stays low for a long time before it starts to work.  In the pic below you can see it is low for nearly 2 whole crank revolutions initially, then on the next cycle it starts working correctly and is only low for about 50deg.  So at the moment you will only be syncing on the correct phase just by luck.  Approx 50% of start attempts it will sync on the wrong phase and wont start.  

You could try changing trig 2 edge to rising as it looks like that is possibly occurring in the correct location on both scopes, not enough data to say that is true everytime though.  You may need to change offset by 360 if it doesnt start at all after doing this.

I dont think it is a problem with battery voltage, most of these common industrial type sensors will work down to about 5V.  Does the cam sensor get its power from the same source as the crank sensor?

DJFOidm.png

Hi Adam,

thank you for your help.

I just changed tigger 2 on rising detection and tried 50-60 start with no problem and the engine start quickly.

For the power source of the to trigger, yes i think they share the same power source.

you can find other scope file and log when engine start with success all  times.

But i don't understand the change to rising solve problem ? I don't understand. DO you have an explaination ?

log rising start.llgx TriggerScope rising start.llgx