350z link pwm fan controller

skeruno

Hi there!

I have a 350z link(based on the g4+ as far as i know) and want to use pwm control on a mazda fan controller. for this i wanted to use the expansion connector 1 aux (14 and 15) for this. But from what i can find in the documentation if it looks like i can only use aux 1 to 8 to use pwm. It this correct?

I wanted to use one aux to switch a relay to power the fan controller. and the second aux to use pwm for controlling the fan speed. It this possible?

Maybe there are other way's to accomplish this setup? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Vincent

Yes only Aux 1-10 can do PWM, you have Aux 8 on one expansion plug or could repurpose Aux 6 from the main header if you don't need to heat the factory Narrowband O2 sensors. Yes you could use one aux to switch power to the fan controller but do note that fan controllers typically require a lot of power so be careful when speccing your parts for this.

Hi!

Thanks for your feedback!

I currently have stronger fans then the stock fans. they are now connected to the stock wiring but when then turn on the battery voltage drop hard briefly which sometime kill's the engine. The idea of the mazda controller is that it had as soft start build in. which, hopefully, does not create the hard battery voltage drop. Any other way to get rid of the hard voltage drop is also appreciated. The fan is have use 20amp each( i have 2) and i suspect that the stock wiring (and ipdm, which controls the fans) are not up for the task.

Kind regards!

Vincent

Stock fans are 2 speed and I doubt any cheaper fan will be as powerful, these pull 20A+ so your be fine and have soft start built in.

If your seeing voltage pull , you need to work on your idle control , within the software you can add idle control base value when the fans start and if you use a Solid state relay with PWM control the start up load will be less.