Building a 1996 300zxTT, do I have to change engine harness to run N300X G4x?

TRBOSPD

• TRBOSPD changed the title to Building a 1996 300zxTT, do I have to change engine harness to run N300X G4x?

You would have to know what the pinouts of both ecus are and compare them pin by pin.  Highlight the differences and then decide if those items are going to cause problems operating the engine or ecu.  If the differences are large enough, it may be possible to get a patch harness or adapter harness made up to go between the existing engine harness and the ecu and make any wiring changes in that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2023 at 10:19 AM, koracing said:

You would have to know what the pinouts of both ecus are and compare them pin by pin.  Highlight the differences and then decide if those items are going to cause problems operating the engine or ecu.  If the differences are large enough, it may be possible to get a patch harness or adapter harness made up to go between the existing engine harness and the ecu and make any wiring changes in that.

Thank you, that is a good option. But I am going to replace the 1996 engine harness with a 1995 one from wiring Specialties as I am changing the cams to Turbo VTC cams and adding the solenoids anyway. There are no emission penalties here as it will mostly be run in speed events. The car I have was stolen, dented in the oil pan, (rod knock) and recovered so it has a salvage title even though everything is immaculate and low mileage otherwise.