208-4000 Plug-In ECU - TTLink (Audi TT 1998 +) no longer connecting to laptop

TorySharrad

3 hours ago, TorySharrad said:

I canty seem to download these ones?

What do you mean by you cant download?  Do you get an error message? 

3 hours ago, TorySharrad said:

Also can you confirm that I have downloaded the correct version of software

Yes, 5.6.8 is the latest. 

still can't connect to this damn ecu, I have tried numerous things as requested and still not connecting?
As per Anthony's email below he even confirmed that there was a connection issue and he in turn had to send it th NewZealand to be checked / fixed.

Un fortunately it still appears to have the same problem?

What are my options now? I really didnt want to have to send it back to NZ again, as I had booked numerous driving events in for over the Xmas break!

I just want a working TTLink ecu..........

7 hours ago, TorySharrad said:

Was the ecu plugged into a laptop when it was in. New Zealand ?

Possibly not a laptop, but at least 2 windows desktop PC's.  The first thing they always do is connect if possible to save a copy of the customers map.  That was done successfully.  A screenshot below that was saved in the service notes showing it connected when first received. 

After basic testing and a thorough visual inspection of all potential related circuits with no faults observed, they have decided to replace the USB connector and done a re-flow on the complete USB circuit as a precaution - these are the most common causes/fixes for coms issues.  The USB pins can be damaged from external stress/bending and the re-flowing is a method used to restore a fatigued or otherwise high resistance solder joint.  They have then re-conformal coated the pcbs for corrosion protection, reassembled, and this ecu would have had a vacuum leakdown test after assembly to ensure the case is fully sealed.  

They then loaded a test map into it for the automated production test, this test has a PC commanding a test routine controlling all IO via the USB tuning port while a test device connected to the main header monitors and records it all and compares it to an expected response.   After passing this test they have loaded your map back in, connected the ecu to an engine simulator and manually tested all common functions, this is all done with PC Link connected so you can manually compare PC Link to the simulated conditions.  The manual testing was successful also.

We only keep brief notes so not all steps are recorded but we would typically load the original map back in again at the end of all testing as sometimes you change settings while testing. 

So it seems pretty thorough to me and not one hint of any unexpected behaviour noted when testing in NZ over what looks like several days work.  I dont like to discount the quick test done in the Brisbane office as there are no notes about how it was done or how it was powered etc but I must say I am more confident of the testing done in NZ by the service team who are all EE's and do this stuff all day everyday and have documented most of what they have done.  

I dont really have any other good suggestions other than returning it to the Brisbane office again for another look, if they cant connect to it again then it would certainly be more of a mystery to me.  Or if you know a friendly dealer nearby you could try asking them if they can have a go at connecting to it on the bench.  

aT2L0Hh.png