Pressure sensors not reading

JZJOE80

AN Volt 8 & 9 are both showing near 0V, common fluid pressure sensors output 0.5V so if they were connected correctly and working you would have near 0.5V showing here.  The chances of 2 dead sensors is pretty slim, so likely there is a wiring issue.  

W9WjJbR.png

2 minutes ago, Adamw said:

AN Volt 8 & 9 are both showing near 0V, common fluid pressure sensors output 0.5V so if they were connected correctly and working you would have near 0.5V showing here.  The chances of 2 dead sensors is pretty slim, so likely there is a wiring issue.  

W9WjJbR.png

i have both of my

5v wires from the sensors going to red

ground wire from the sensors to green

and green and brown for signal 

i’ll check tomorrow when my battery charges up. thank you adam 

IMG_5588.jpeg

IMG_6641.png

Unplug the sensors and check voltage between the 5V and ground pins in the sensor plug.  If that looks ok then get a paperclip or similar and short the 5V pin to the signal pin in the sensor plug, to confirm if the signal is getting back to the ecu.  

13 hours ago, Adamw said:

Unplug the sensors and check voltage between the 5V and ground pins in the sensor plug.  If that looks ok then get a paperclip or similar and short the 5V pin to the signal pin in the sensor plug, to confirm if the signal is getting back to the ecu.  

checked for 5v and it was pinned correctly and got full voltage. 

bridged the 5v to the signal side on both and they reacted to that. 

does this mean dead sensors then?

Stupid thought, you've definitely got the sensors wired the correct way round? Some wiring diagrams show the pins as looking into the connector, some as looking into the sensor itself - it's quite easy on a 3 pin sensor like this to get a couple of the pins the wrong way round.

For the same issue to show itself on two sensors - the chances of both sensors being dead seem low - more likely is the same wiring fault applied to both of them.