G4X Plug in 92 Civic - E throttle Setup.

LeFryGuy

I have the 92 civic plug in g4x Ecu with E-Throttle Upgrade. Ethrottlewirediagram.jpg.e44801533eb9eea6ede35739d5c4a141.jpg

I'm a little lost on how I am supposed to go about wiring the E-Throttle Relay. I have attached a diagram I had put together of the wiring harness I'm putting together. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Capture.JPG.5cf44e9a598400f686cc6d4c9a4bdbea.JPGDWBHarness.png.55a5a7dd46b2397518ccba425cdb2cae.png

You *should* not need to add a real e-throttle relay to a plug-in ecu in most cases (not sure on the specific model you have).  You can assign e-throttle relay to a "fake" output - one not used or pinned or even a Can aux output that isn't actually doing anything just to make the ecu and software happy.  The rest of your wiring looks ok to me.

On 10/30/2023 at 11:44 PM, koracing said:

You *should* not need to add a real e-throttle relay to a plug-in ecu in most cases (not sure on the specific model you have).  You can assign e-throttle relay to a "fake" output - one not used or pinned or even a Can aux output that isn't actually doing anything just to make the ecu and software happy.  The rest of your wiring looks ok to me.

Just how unsafe is doing this with a wire in xtreme? 

The wire-ins require a separate power pin to provide the Aux9/10 voltage so may as well actually put a relay in there.  I'm not sure how unsafe it would be to wire switched 12v power without a relay to the Aux9/10 +14V as the internals of the wire-ins are not identical to the plug-ins.

14 hours ago, Hurtenstein said:

Just how unsafe is doing this with a wire in xtreme? 

The E-Throttle relay is used to cut power to the H-Bridge in the event of an E-Throttle Fault code. It is not the only protection though as the ECU also turns off its control of the H-Bridge and an engine RPM Limit of 1800rpm is applied when E-Throttle is in fault.

1 hour ago, Vaughan said:

The E-Throttle relay is used to cut power to the H-Bridge in the event of an E-Throttle Fault code. It is not the only protection though as the ECU also turns off it's control of the H-Bridge and an engine RPM Limit of 1800rpm is applied when E-Throttle is in fault.

Thanks, that's what I was after. I was assuming there would be something like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Update!

I didn't realize I never replied back with the fix. Once I assigned the E-throttle Relay to a "fake" Output. I just used a CAN Output. everything worked just fine. Thanks for the input!

I now have a functioning E-Throttle on my 30 year old Honda with a Corvette C7 Throttle pedal and Bosh 82mm Throttle body.