G5 Voodoo with Link MXG Strada not communicating

matthew_129

Hi All,

I have a Link G5 Voodoo and a Link MXG Strata and i am unable to get any information to pass over the can bus to the dash and not sure where to even start troubleshooting this as I think ive covered everything so far.

On the can bus are the following
-G5 Voodoo (Termination Enabled)
-CAN Keypad 12
-Razor PDM
-Blink Marine PG8
-Link MXG Strada (Termination Enabled)

The G5, PDM, Keypad and PG8 are all communicating happily back and forth without any issue. However im unable to get the MXG to display any data, I have created a new layout and loaded it into the dash with just ECT and Voltage showing as I figured those values should pass quite happily to the dash. Dont think its of any relevance but the engine is currently not running but have most of the sensors hooked up so far.

Screenshots and photo of dash below, any ideas?

CAN Values.PNG

G5 Settings.PNG

MXG Settings.PNG

20231101_220858.jpg

All your settings look ok.  

Can you unplug the 14pin plug from the back of the dash and measure what voltage you have between pins 2 & 8 (gnd & CAN H) and also between pins 2 & 9 (gnd & CAN L).  If there is data reaching the dash you should have >3V on pin 8 and <2V on pin 9.  

Those voltages at least suggest it is connected to a CAN bus, but I would have expected a bigger voltage difference if there were the 4 streams transmitting on that bus.  Is it possible the dash is actually wired to CAN 2, not CAN 1? 

I just loaded your map into a G5 on the bench here, running the same firmware as yours, and had a good look at the broadcast data.  The dash stream is there and all looks correct. 

With no other explanation that really fits your symptoms, Im leaning towards there being an issue with the dash now.  One thing I would try is changing the ecu stream in the dash to something completely different, then change it back to the LINK CAN BUS BASE so it reinitialises the CAN set up.   If still no go after that then I think the dash is going to have to come back for testing.  

• 2 weeks later...