Link g4 pnp eccs circuit

CDL.R33

Hello! 

Ive been installing a link g4 pnp ecu into my 1995 R33 gtst.

It all went smooth untill yesterday when i got to section 6.8.2B and set the injection mode to ”off”.

And then proceeded to cycle the power (ignition off and on).

The ecu woudlnt connect to my pc.

Checked pins 49-50 and 59-60and i was not getting power to my ECU.

I investigated the pin 45 power Feed from the igintion and it was ok.

But i was only getting 11,4 volt on the pin16 (A2 on the eccs relay). Same voltage on relay pin2 (power to ECU pin 49,59,109)

I Looked around the forums for a bit for solutions.

I came up with that the circuit for pulling the relay (aka pin 45 and 16) would be broken inside the ecu.

I Made a jumper between relay A2 and chassie ground. And now it all works.

But if i remove pin 16 från the relay (meaning also chassie ground) it stops working and instead of a steady green light (on the ecu pcb) i get a flashing light. 

Ive measured between the relays + to pin 50&60 to make sure i got ground and thats fine. 

Yes, it sounds like the FET that grounds pin 16 is possibly dead.  Without power on 49/59 the ecu will get a weak power supply via a back feed through a powered aux device which will cause the flashing light or sometimes a clicking relay or solenoid.  Email [email protected] to arrange repair.  

• 2 months later...

Hello!

I contacted the support, sent my ECU to their EU HQ. They sent it to NZ for repairs and i got i back today. 

The problem stated on the service report was that the MOSFET was still ok but some other fault on the bottom board was detected.

They replaced the bottom board with a newer version and made it fit the G4 Top board.

Everything was preformed under warranty.

This suppport on a 10 year old ECU is not what i would have expected.

Big thank you to Link!