G4X Fury no trigger 1 signal

Sam7

I trying to get a new install ready to run but I'm struggling to get a signal from trigger 1.  The sensor is ZF 100701 hall sensor and it's wired to trigger 1 on a link loom + the 8v power in.  If I disconnect the dtm plug and touch output to ground then it'll flash up green ok.  I've also tried connecting the trigger 2 sensor to trigger 1 and tested it passing metal across the face and that also flashes up green ok.  Based on that I'm assuming my 100701 sensor is bust.  The trigger 2 sensor is slightly different as that one is a ZF Cherry GS100502.  Before I rush out and buy another sensor, is there anything I need to be doing differently between the 2 models.  Both are wired the exact same with trigger and ground from the shielded cables and 8v power in.  Both have the pull-up enabled and falling edge set.

Ha...I think I understand the issue.  The sensor is a MP100701 and I'm guessing the MP stands for Magnetic Pole so would need to detect the south pole of a magnet.  The sensor came with the trigger wheel in a kit from MRP so guessing they've put the wrong sensor in.