Connecting haltech IC7 to G4x DASH

OrgDawg

Hey guys , I’m trying to connect my ic7 dash to my G4x, I have all the can setting set up 

transmit generic dash 

1mbps

1400ID

50hz 

everything works when I press “apply” and “ok” but when I turn car on and off the dash turns on but display no data until I press apply and ok again. 

thanks in advance 

There was a problem batch of haltech dashes a while ago that would "brown out" or reset when cranking, when this happened they somehow would disrupt the bus preventing any data being transmitted causing the ecu to log transmit errors.  If this went on for long enough then the ecu would have to go "bus off" (a bus off error means the transmitting device is not allowed to participate on the bus anymore).   When you click "apply" in PC Link this resets the CAN controller so it is allowed to transmit again.  

To confirm, next time it happens you can go to the CAN tab on the runtimes screen (F12) and check if it is showing transmit errors and bus-off error.  

For a proper fix the dash will have to go back to Haltech to have the hardware updated.  With a couple of similar cases I was involved in I changed the bit rate in the ecu and dash to 125kb/sec which improved the situation a little and allowed it long enough to self-recover most of the time, so you could give that a try in the meantime. 

• 2 months later...