g4x OBD1 M50TU Harness M54 E36

Dilyn Gray

Good morning or good afternoon, I am currently working on Putting an m54b30 with an m50b25tu harness and Vortech v3-si supercharger in my 93 325is. I have swapped an m44 reluctor crank sensor in place of the m54 hall effect sensor and an m50tu cam sensor into the exhaust cam position sensor location. A tuner had advised me to do so. I have some confusion around wiring the exhaust cam pos sensor to the aux input in the expansion loom. Also, whether the m54 Vanos solenoids are on or off, or variable of any sorts. With countless research I can't find a definite pin out for the m50tu cam position sensor, one source says pin 1 is 12v; pin 2 is signal; pin 3 is sensor ground. Will it hurt if I wire the sensor this way if it is not correct? what is the correct wiring? Thanks for reading. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I always have to peel the boot back and check wire colors. There's 2-3 three wire plugs and 5-6 two wire plugs that are all identical on those OBD1 cars, and most can reach each other. A label maker goes a long way to eliminate future headaches. 

all that's left is figuring out why I have no signal from my exhaust position sensor, 3 inch custom exhaust, and then at last, dyno!!! I will have to upload some pictures so you guys can see the progress. Ebay long tube headers (port matched), M50 manifold (port matched) 440cc Bosch injectors, TRE 255 fuel pump, E46 330i fuel filter with built in fuel pressure regulator, M54 return-less fuel rail, and intercooler. BTW boost pipe is super tight. Condor bushings throughout the entire rear end, AKG 95d engine and trans mounts, chassis mount shifter, Buddy club bucket seat, E-Factory angle kit, and Rev 9 coils with godspeed top hats. Also the car gutted besides front seat carpet, dash and center consol.