Aux 1&2 error vtc & vtec

monya

Link xtreme g4x k24

I have wired the vtc and vtec solenoids to low side, feeding them 12v & the aux 1&2 are red showing error? Doesn’t actuate when testing either,  
When I set to high side drive the error goes away, 
Any ideas ?

Thanks much!  

IMG_3299.jpeg

I found a hiccup with e-throttle wiring/relay, first I had e throttle +/- backwards,

fixed that and then did the set up e-throttle and added the e-throttle relay & the error went away

but car didn’t turn off with key so sorting out relay, should be fine after that tho, 

I have configured the e throttle relay and still getting some feedback or something, have error with low side, and error gone but car won’t power off when set on high side 

Can you clarify the problem, originally you had the VVT auxes showing faults, now are you saying you have an e-throttle issue?  What auxes are you setting to high side?

Do you have an Xtreme wire in ECU or a K20 Plugin?

Yeah sorry xtreme wire in, I think my issue is 12v feedback from main relay 

e throttle relay and chassis relay are also wired for low side drive, when set to low side i get error on the aux channel with vtc and vtec solenoids , when set to high the errors go away but car doesn’t turn off, 

The fault on the aux channels means the voltage measured on the aux pin is not as expected.  It expects to see >2/3 battery voltage on the aux pin when the aux is inactive/off.  

Can you draw a schematic of how you have your power supplies wired (ECU and aux supplies).  

It’s way more complicated than it needs to be but I think I’ve come up with a solution, I just want to clarify if it might cause an issue, more info idk if needed but I’m wiring to a 2016 Scion frs using a kpower pnp jumper for a haltech I’ve re-pinned for the link, & all the relays are wired hot so I can’t change that, I also want to keep keyless entry so I can’t add a relay on battery cable 

after melting my brain and taking a nap, I’ve come up with the idea to put a relay inline with aux1 at my jumper board/harness to connect/disconnect the vtc solenoid with key, cutting off that feed back, 
While running other aux channels through ign/inj aux 

@Adamw does this sound like a feasible solution?  

thanks 

Thanks for the edited diagram, I have a better work around than my original idea 

Regarding the chassis relay, it doesn’t tbh I’m just going off the factory wiring diagrams while trying to use the relays how the factory Intended, while trying not to modify the cars factory electrical system, only making modifications to my jumper harness

adding a relay for key on + to - to control chassis relay,  should do the trick,

thanks much! 

image.jpg