Honda j35 intake flap wiring

George McFarlane

Morning,

Am wiring up a honda j35, with a flap in the intake to change runner length. It's 5 wire, but it seems that alternating 12v and ground on 2 of the wires will open or close the flap. Just wondering if anybody has wired these up before. If so, what was the easiest way to do it. It is running in a jet boat if that changes anything.

Am running a Fury G4X.

Cheers,

G

Sounds like an H-bridge. probably same thing as DBW without the redundant position sensor. My 2cents is its not worth it. Especially with how swappable J35 parts are. Which j35 motor are you using out of what? I'm wrapping up a J35A4 setup right now on link.

We dont currently have a good option in the software to control a DC servo motor like this.  It is planned but may be some time off yet.  There are small DIY type motor driver boards that you could use to control it with a single aux if needed 

I have played with this flap before. Could not get a variable position signal out of it. Only On/Off position confirmation. Luckily, in that application (modified J35) there was only one position that was benificial over most of the rpm range.

As Adam said, really looking forward to GP Table for H Bridge:)