Help on first startup of G4x FuryX SR20VE+T

HLinek

Hi,

First post on here. I'm struggling to get my engine started, and I could use a second set of eyes on this.

Here is some info about the build. (Pictures on my instagram if you're curious. https://www.instagram.com/hansonlinek/ )

SR20VE+t with GT2871R turbo, I built the wiring harness, Link g4x Fury X ECU, Aim PDM32 PDM, audi coilpacks, ID1050X injectors, antigravity atx20rs battery, MSEL battery isolator, radium fuel cell with FCST.

Sensors: Taarks crank and cam trigger kits, bosch oem nissan ect, bosch knock sensor, racegrade remote mounted 0-60 psia map, racegrade remote mounted 0-100psig Fuel pressure, bosch combo oil pressure/temp sensor, racegrade open element air temp sensor, RRR engine coolant pressure sensor.

When I first made my coil pack harness I ran the small gauge ground back to where the ECU grounds instead of to the cylinder head. I'm not sure if this is a problem, my thought is that it may be contributing some electrical noise. I can remake the harness or maybe move to the bosch motorsports coils if needed.

When I try to start it I'm getting mostly some sputtering and backfiring sometimes. I set the base timing during cranking only with a timing light and a spark plug lead extender on cylinder 1. It seemed to be stable on -10 degrees to match the setting on the ecu. The trigger scope I tried to make didn't seem to work so I have a screenshot as well.

I feel like I might be missing something, I based my map off of one of the SR20 standalone maps and changed things to suit my setup. I haven't made any logs yet, if that would help I'll work on that.

Thanks,

Hanson

Screenshot 2024-01-28 162259.png

Trigger Scope - 2024-01-28 4;10;45 pm.llgx SR240Z.pclx

12 minutes ago, HLinek said:

When I try to start it I'm getting mostly some sputtering and backfiring sometimes. I set the base timing during cranking only with a timing light and a spark plug lead extender on cylinder 1. It seemed to be stable on -10 degrees to match the setting on the ecu. The trigger scope I tried to make didn't seem to work so I have a screenshot as well.

have you tried adjusting your trigger offset by 360deg?

Other than that will need a PC Log of a start attempt

Actually your fuel table is setup to suit a traditional fuel tune rather than a modelled, you're going to want something more like 60 at idle in the fuel table, maybe look through the sample maps in PCLink for one setup as modelled to use as an example or I have attached a basic modelled fuel table from a GT86 here that you can import into your tune.

GT86 Fuel Table.lte

All the triggers are happy, dwell value is changing and engine cycle count is increasing. It will need more fuel (Fuel table values) and try adjusting the trigger offset by 360 if it doesn't start after adding more fuel.

Dwell value changing means it is being updated which means it is trying to run the engine. The value will always move around as it is measured dwell not requested dwell and so is affected by changes in engine speed throughout each rotation.

That'll be your idle control stuff, you have it set to use the E-Throttle for idle control but the values in your Idle Base Position look like values pulled from an idle solenoid style tune as they are between 56% and 35%. You're going to want values more like 5-3% so maybe divide your whole idle base position table by 10.

Do also note the fuel table I gave you is from a naturally aspirated engine so you will want to add more rows for pressures above atmospheric before you start tuning it properly.

Next thing to fix will be E-Throttle target table, the far left column looks good but everything above 500rpm is always a 0% target, so either remove the engine speed axis or copy the first column's values into the rest of them.

I realized I had the o2 sensor wired without the pin 4 switched 12v power wire. I've since added it in but I'm still getting a reading of 0 on the afr. Is there a setting that I have wrong or should I try again with a new sensor if the current one is damaged maybe from not having a working heater?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2024 at 3:23 AM, HLinek said:

For the fuel table you gave me should I be changing the axis to Map?

Either MAP or MGP will work, there is some specific reason for using one over the other to do with altitude changes but I can't remember the reasoning off the top of my head.