Trigger issue the car dies randomly after high revs!

Adeeb Chowdhury

having trigger issues off throttle after high revs. it happens randomly and unpredictably but 1times out of 10 try. but whenever it happens off throttle the car dies.

also my trigger offset is set to 15deg to get it timed. is that normal??

trigger issues.llgx power tune setup.pclx Trigger Scope1.llgx Trigger scope2.llgx Trigger Scope3.llgx

It is definitely because of the arming threshold voltages of Trig 2, where there are sometimes noises high enough to be considered as a tooth.

Capture more trigger scopes @2k, 4k, and 6k (label the filenames accordingly).

Looking at that log I can't see any trigger issues, just idle issues where it slows down until it stalls, no trigger errors counted until after it has stalled, no sudden drops to 0 of engine speed.

You've got no idle control setup at all, you could turn on ignition idle control that might help but you should also consider adjusting whatever air bypass setup that you have.

Your lambda is also very rich when you are off throttle. Also your Lambda protection stuff (GP RPM Limit 1) is causing you issues where it cuts out completely on some off throttle areas.

8 hours ago, Vaughan said:

Looking at that log I can't see any trigger issues, just idle issues where it slows down until it stalls, no trigger errors counted until after it has stalled, no sudden drops to 0 of engine speed.

You've got no idle control setup at all, you could turn on ignition idle control that might help but you should also consider adjusting whatever air bypass setup that you have.

Your lambda is also very rich when you are off throttle. Also your Lambda protection stuff (GP RPM Limit 1) is causing you issues where it cuts out completely on some off throttle areas.

Thank you @Vaughan.This is what is was expecting, I also seen that untill it stalled there were no trigger issues. 

I don't have any iacv to control my idle. Is there any other way to control idle like using the ignition timing?

And my trigger offset is set 15deg to get it timed. Is that ok?

14 hours ago, Adeeb Chowdhury said:

I don't have any iacv to control my idle. Is there any other way to control idle like using the ignition timing?

yes, idle ignition control in the Idle Speed control folder, note it does have a smaller range of control than a solenoid so you will still need to make sure your air bleed is set appropriately.

14 hours ago, Adeeb Chowdhury said:

And my trigger offset is set 15deg to get it timed. Is that ok?

For setting the trigger offset you need to make sure that while the set base timing window is open the ignition angle on the engine as shown with a timing light matches the value in the top box in the set base timing window. Trigger offsets vary from engine to engine and so always require checking with a timing light.

2 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

For setting the trigger offset you need to make sure that while the set base timing window is open the ignition angle on the engine as shown with a timing light matches the value in the top box in the set base timing window. Trigger offsets vary from engine to engine and so always require checking with a timing light.

@Vaughani did check it with a timing light. set all my (idle) ignition table to 10deg, then locked the timing at 10deg from the calibration folder. finally checked my timings with a timing light.

so that means 15deg offset to get my engine time aligned with a timing light is ok as far as its done properly, correct? i was thinking it should be close to zero. like max 4-5deg offset. thats why thought my 15deg offset is wrong.

and for the idle control part i dont have any solenoid nor a stepper. so need to use the throttle stopper and raise the total idle :( 

2 hours ago, Adeeb Chowdhury said:

set all my (idle) ignition table to 10deg, then locked the timing at 10deg from the calibration folder. finally checked my timings with a timing light.

if you do the timing light test with the set base timing window open while connected to the ECU then it forces it to that angle which can be more reliable than trying to set tables and trims.

so that means 15deg offset to get my engine time aligned with a timing light is ok as far as its done properly, correct? i was thinking it should be close to zero. like max 4-5deg offset. thats why thought my 15deg offset is wrong.

If the ignition angle with a timing light matches the angle specified in the Ignition Angle runtime then it is the correct offset, do note that there can be some variance in timing marks on covers so you can check actual measured tdc against the cover marks if you are unsure.

and for the idle control part i dont have any solenoid nor a stepper. so need to use the throttle stopper and raise the total idle :( 

You need to use a throttle stop yes to set an appropriate amount of air flow, then calibrate the TPS and then you can use ignition idle to move it around within a small range around that.