Link G4X Cam sensor. Rb20

M.JH Rb20

I have a Yelesh D cam sensor and I can’t seem to get it to work.  I’ve set the switches on the board. And checked clearance from sensor to the trigger wheel. I’ve checked grounds around the engine all are good. 

There’s many different topics out there on this subject. I’ve tried multiple ways of wiring this up and have had no success. There’s no professional help I can get locally. So any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

IMG_3953.jpeg

IMG_3952.jpeg

i would put the triggering voltage at about 0.4v below 500rpm

check settings for NZ wiring kit , those are the same 

i always put the airgap a little tighter as described in the manuals because of the low signal while cranking

You're going to need to reduce your trigger 1 arming voltage, I have attached the values from my RB30DET Stagea with a Yelsha D kit. Rest of the trigger settings look good. After making those changes take a PC Log of an attempt to start it and attach that here.

Capture.PNG

Yes I had it fire on a Rs-Enthalpy tune but didn’t want to send it back to be retuned(injector issues) So I bought the link G4X. And have Not had it fire since link install.  

I had the CAS on the car with the link G4x and I had signal to the injectors and spark.
But I had the CAS in without CAS gasket and the cam bolts broke the CAS. 

Since then he just thrown money at the problem.  I replaced the coilpack harness (wiring specialties) and bought a new ignighter pack (yellow jackets). The coilpacks are new and all grounded via Splitfire grounding kit.   And purchased the Nz/Y-D cam sensor.  

It seems as I’m not getting any fuel or spark. I even bought a new timing light figuring maybe I dropped it and broke it.   

But I did have the timing light working with the CAS for a brief moment before the Link G4X install  

I have fuel pressure and I have checked grounds it seems my grounding is good. 
Since we’ve got the cam sensor “working” tonight I have not - Checked visually to see if the injectors or spark is occurring. But the timing light still isn’t reading.  

IMG_4008.jpeg

25 minutes ago, M.JH Rb20 said:

It seems as I’m not getting any fuel or spark. I even bought a new timing light figuring maybe I dropped it and broke it.

your log shows it trying to spark and inject fuel, for timing light you will need to put an ignition lead between the coil and the spark plug and clamp the pickup over that, you can use the ignition test function to test your wiring, coil and timing light without cranking the engine.

What makes you think it is not injecting fuel?

What size injectors do you have?

I have the stock injectors in at this time. But I have 700cc injectors I could put in. I just didn’t want to change them without adjusting the ecu yet.  Hoping to get it to start before I messed with the injector settings.  

and I wasn’t aware I could check timing with out turning over the car. I’ll do that now. 

2 minutes ago, M.JH Rb20 said:

I wasn’t aware I could check timing with out turning over the car. I’ll do that now. 

not test timing, just check coils and the timing light.

2 minutes ago, M.JH Rb20 said:

I have the stock injectors in at this time. But I have 700cc injectors I could put in. I just didn’t want to change them without adjusting the ecu yet.  Hoping to get it to start before I messed with the injector settings

Couple of other things in your tune, you have the GTR fuel setup in the ECU where it uses TPS on the fuel table axis but if you're not using ITBs you're better off with pressure on the axis. The GTS sample map is probably a better starting point for fuel stuff so maybe do a compare and copy fuel and maybe ignition stuff across. Your Master Fuel setting probably needs to be more like 8ms because 26dett injectors are almost double the flow rate of 20det ones according to the internet.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay I’ve been away for work for 2 weeks. But tonight my first night in the shop I did my best to transfer the settings.  And I can’t seem to get a fire. Although it seems it’s trying to fire.  I feel I may have missed something. I tried to run of the Maf this time as it’s already hooked up with the z32 Maf. 

I can provide a log later today. 

rb20 det base map 3.0.pclx