2 maps switch on the fly

amvegeta

Yes, there are a few ways you can do this with a G4 but the easiest way is to use the 'dual fuel table'.

Under 'fuel corrections>dual fuel table', set the table mode to 'dual table'.  In this screen you also select what input is used to activate the second map.  There are many options here - you can use a digital input if for instance you just want a basic on/off switch on your dash for the map changeover, or if you want to do something more complex you can even use a virtual aux - for instance if you want to add some other conditions such as 'second map can only be selected when air temp is below 30°C' or whatever else you might want.  After you have turned on the dual fuel table you will see a new fuel map 'fuel table 2' in the ECU settings tree.

You will then also need to go through the same process to set up the 'dual ign table'

• 9 years later...
On 1/7/2013 at 9:38 AM, Adamw said:

Yes, there are a few ways you can do this with a G4 but the easiest way is to use the 'dual fuel table'.

Under 'fuel corrections>dual fuel table', set the table mode to 'dual table'.  In this screen you also select what input is used to activate the second map.  There are many options here - you can use a digital input if for instance you just want a basic on/off switch on your dash for the map changeover, or if you want to do something more complex you can even use a virtual aux - for instance if you want to add some other conditions such as 'second map can only be selected when air temp is below 30°C' or whatever else you might want.  After you have turned on the dual fuel table you will see a new fuel map 'fuel table 2' in the ECU settings tree.

You will then also need to go through the same process to set up the 'dual ign table'

Hello, I want to ask how can I use same on/off switch to swtich fuel, ign and wastegate maps to second map? I try DI but I can not use same DI for change 3 of them together.

8 hours ago, Adamw said:

The google drive link is restricted.  You will have to go back to the sharing settings and change it to something like "anyone with link can edit"

I'm sorry, I don't use google drive usually. I changed it and here is the link again. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uu7lnA07VkxHueRK4BQsbNmDMwraTnon/view?usp=sharing

Oh ok, it is a G4X, you were posting in a the G4 section so I couldnt understand why you were having a problem.  

The trick to assigning a DI to more than one function in G4X is when it pops up with the question "*** is already connected to DI3.  Would you like to disconnect ***?", just choose no.  

Your pull-up and active state settings etc will then show up in >Digital Inputs>Input pins, and in here you can also hit the "connection list" button to see what functions are assigned to DI3.  

s6fwKbh.png

test 2nd maps Forum.pclx

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

Oh ok, it is a G4X, you were posting in a the G4 section so I couldnt understand why you were having a problem.  

The trick to assigning a DI to more than one function in G4X is when it pops up with the question "*** is already connected to DI3.  Would you like to disconnect ***?", just choose no.  

Your pull-up and active state settings etc will then show up in >Digital Inputs>Input pins, and in here you can also hit the "connection list" button to see what functions are assigned to DI3.  

s6fwKbh.png

test 2nd maps Forum.pclx 429.61 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you, I just make a search and when I find this topic so I tought its the best topic to ask, I didn't think its g4 section sorry. On g4+ how I can make, just assign same DI and no pop up menu comes, am I correct?