g4 storm LED on side of case?

jason mcmullin

hey On the side of the g4 storm case theres a blue LED light is this LED ment to stay blue when the key is turned on and then turn off once key is turned off? ive checked voltages etc (all fine) brought a brand new g4 storm this week began to wire it up and now need to get the laptop (running vista) to talk to it to configure things but not having any luck but before going to fare im wondering what this LED does been threw the manual and all i can find on LEDs on side of case is for the E THROTTLE , tryed google and forums but no such luck and i personally dont no anyone with a g4 or had anything to do with then what mines doing is when i turn the key on it gives a flash then goes out, and then when i turn the key back off it gives a flash aswell, normal or not? thanks jase mcmullin

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Turns out this is completely normal for a Storm.

The Atom, Lightning and RX LED's stay on after powering up, but the Storm doesn't. This will be remedied in a future firmware upgrade. We will most likely use it as a check engine light unless we think of a better use for it.

-Cameron