No RPM Signal During Crank / Monsoon G4x / N62 S13 Redtop SR20

Pojebany

Hello All, Hope all is well!

Lot of smart people on here, therefore I am reaching out in search of some input on getting RPM Signal while cranking on my S13 Redtop SR20 w/ Jumper Harness, to OEM N62 ECU (See Pinouts Attached).

My Setup:

• Link Monsoon G4x w/ OEM Jumper Harness
  • Using OEM ECCS Relay for Coil Packs (I think maybe my issue)
  • Deatschweks 700 Injectors
  • AEM Trigger Disc (Can Use OEM one if needed)
  • T28 S15 Turbo
  • Radium Top Feed Fuel Rail

More Info:

• ECU confirmed clicks on, fuel pump clicks on, and injector test was ran (can hear them click)
  • ECU ECCS Relay bypassed, triggers automatically w/ ignition switch
  • Was told that ECU ECCS controls Coils & Injectors - Injectors working/Coils appear not to be registering though
  • Vacuum Line Tee'd Off Boost Gauge to MAP inside of Link Monsoon
  • Wideband not wired into the ECU just yet, but I do have one wired up independently 

My Questions:

• What can possibly be causing no RPM Signal During Crank?
  • Is my ECU ECCS Relay related to the issue? Since Injectors fire/Coils don't
  • Is it OK to Tee off the Boost Gauge line for MAP to Link ECU?

Any/All input is greatly appreciated!
Thank you for your time,

LINK Worksheet to Match OEM PinOut.png

N62 SR20 OEM PinOut.png

On 3/26/2024 at 8:53 PM, Vaughan said:

Can you attach a copy of your basemap and a trigger scope please 

Just bumping this thread,

I don't really have a trigger scope because of my issue. So it was running no problem on the RS Enthalpy ECU, then I started converting to the Link. My jumper harness has power to the ECCS relay, I tested it but it is not sending power to Trigger 1, which is weird I thought if one has power so does the other. I have power at the sensor, but once it gets to the pin on the OEM ECU that my jumper harness is connected to there is no power. I'm not sure if the issue is inside the Wiring Specialties Pro Harness, or the Wiring Specialties 64-Pin Epoxy Connector from my jumper harness. Need to do more digging, it is frustrating because this is basically what is left from being ready to create a basemap.

19 hours ago, Adamw said:

Assuming you have the pull-ups set to ON in the trigger 1/2 settings, then the only other cause of no signal would be a wiring issue.  

I now have power to get my trigger scope, the CAS was not getting power somehow. I had to run a separate power line to test and it worked, very weird.

However now my Coil Packs are not firing, my SR currently ran on a ignitor chip. Is there a specific setting on the Link for that by chance?

Assuming you still have dumb coils with the OEM wiring and ignitor still in place they should be ok as is.  

When you say your coils are not firing, is this when using ignition test mode or when cranking?

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

Assuming you still have dumb coils with the OEM wiring and ignitor still in place they should be ok as is.  

When you say your coils are not firing, is this when using ignition test mode or when cranking?

Coils packs are 700cc Deatschwerks

Coil packs are not firing at all, while cranking and in test mode. 

btw sorry for two accounts. Didn’t know my old one was registered to my phone

1 minute ago, JDMFC3s said:

Coils packs are 700cc Deatschwerks

That sounds a lot like the injectors not the coils.

Is it the spark/coil that is not working or the injectors?

16 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

That sounds a lot like the injectors not the coils.

Is it the spark/coil that is not working or the injectors?

My apologies been a long day. Ignore injectors. You’re correct the coils are on OEM wiring, and not firing at all when cranking and in test mode 

25 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

If they're not firing when using the ignition test mode then you will need to check your wiring, are you still using the factory igniter?

Correct. Factory ignitor 

sweet, trace it all out, to confirm though how have you determined there is no spark, have you removed a spark plug , fitted it to a coil, grounded the thread and turned on the ignition test? Or are you checking for spark with a timing light on the test loop?

One more idea that I thought of...

Supposedly on the N62 Pin S13 SR20, the Coils and CAS are run off of the ECCS Relay (Pin #4). I believe it may not be wired to the Ignition, because neither are getting power with Ignition ON. What is the best way of going about ensuring that it is wired to ignition?

pin #4 triggers the relay by going to ground when pin 36 is connected to ignition switched power. if you don't have the factory ECU this won't be happening though, to see if it fixes anything try grounding pin 4 and see if that turns on the power to various components on the engine

• 2 weeks later...

So an update on this…

We had to convert to R8 Smart Coils with. Wire wiring, specialties, conversion harness to get coil signal. To get CAS signal we had to run a wire straight from it to the ECU. Then we timed it and started right up

The issue we are having now is that the AEM UEGO that the white signal wire is connected to analog volt 2 and It is also grounded to the ECU too. However we are not getting any reading on the Link from it

any input is greatly appreciated!

Is it an X series gauge? If so I would recommend using the CAN instead of the analog voltage signal. Regardless of that though what voltage is An Volt 2 showing and what setup have you done in the ECU to set Lambda to AN Volt 2?

• 2 weeks later...