S2000X Crank/Cam Sensor Wiring Q

SpAdam

Still in the going through documentation phase here, I noticed the pinouts show a different polarity for the cam and crank sensors than is expected for the S2000/OBD2B wiring. Can someone confirm this is a misprint on the Link side, or something I need to be aware of?

P is trigger and M is ground, in Honda VR sensor lingo:

image.thumb.png.2a5e9bd6c93da364e17423191a489187.pngimage.png.5c47d5a546d2ac9bd202f823698c4b08.png

The plugin for this was tested on a local car, trigger pinout will be based on that car. The link wants the reluctor signal to go high first and then uses the zero crossing on the falling edge to sync, wouldn't surprise me if the Honda ECU wants it to go low first and then uses the zero crossing on the rising edge to sync. Correct polarity can be confirmed by doing a trigger scope.

Wire it as per our plug-in pinout. The Link ECU requires reluctor sensors to have a falling zero crossing, which is what 99.9% of reluctor sensors generate when wired with the manufacturer's intended polarity.  For whatever reason Honda decided to do the opposite and work with an inverted signal compared to everyone else.  

Right on, thanks guys. I'm sure the scope will tell me what's going on. It's actually running a B-series in an OBD2B Civic, so I do have a couple of things to rearrange and reconfigure - Hence why I'm going through the pinouts first. 

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that too while looking around. That gives me a little more peace of mind. 

I’ll have to look at my scope logs from a few years back when I was developing my own engine sim/pot board. It’s been long enough that I don’t remember which way the zero crossings went.