Failing to start diagnostic

Blair Hong

Hi all,

I have what I think is a 300ZX plugnplay Link Plus 300ZXLPV14-080903

I'm trying to start the car that has been laid for a number of years. I've changed the fuel and ran new lines to the fuel filter.

The engine is turning over and has spark, I pulled out a spark plug and theres no smell of fuel and stuck a piece of paper into the cylinder and it comes out dry. I've tested the injectors and theyre at 14ohms which is good. So it appears the fuel injectors are either ceased or not receiving signal.

Can someone advise how to test inbound and outbound signal on the ECU to see if there is signal coming in or out? TIA.

Plug in a  noid light to an injector plug and crank over, should light should pulse

If it dies injectors are stuck shut then needing taking out and ckeaned

How long has the car been sitting with no use

Does the fuel pump prime when ignition is turned on and is there a fuel pressure gauge in the system 

The car has been sitting for 7 years.. The pump primes.

I'm getting a 12v power to the injectors but its not receiving signal when I turn the car over. I'm getting absolutely no firing so no fuel is going through any injectors.

6 minutes ago, Blair Hong said:

I'm getting a 12v power to the injectors but its not receiving signal when I turn the car over.

How are you testing this?  It will only be a very short pulse ~5ms, so you will need a noid light, or LED test light, or oscilloscope to be able to see the pulse.  A multimeter or normal test lamp will not be fast enough to see an injector pulse.

Very likely the injectors are seized after that amount of time.