Trig1 error - one shot - Fury on Evo9

Floppyz

Hallo again,

yesterday i've tune the evo 9 for hill climb I was talking about on the other topic, on dyno... anyway, every thing is quite good, but....

i've got only one odd thing I could not explain: on very first wot (after about 4 hours of dyno brake in) i had a single trig 1 error:

image.thumb.png.f09c6f943baf9c504da4357a55371614.png

Note: this car has kiggly 12 tooth kit and modified ex cam weel as kiggly suggest.

Trig scope is quite good, each trig 2 edge is far from trig 1 edge (see scope attached).

image.png.2a73ccdefcd5e62cacc5f76a17c44938.png

image.png.465833e51e58969984e9c121008d7ae6.png

After this only one issue car runs well all day long.

My question is: what can be the cause for this trig error on my setup?

tks, bye

Trigger Scope - 2024-04-23 12;28;19 pm.llgx trig 1 err on 5500.llgx

Since the error is at peak torque, this could quite likely be related to ignition noise.  Is it using the stock ignition system?  Resistor spark plugs? 

The other common cause of trigger issues on evos is the cam sensors are quite prone to failure since they get a lot of heat from the turbo and the water outlet right next to it. 

Cant really tell which of those is more likely in this case, but generally if the error only happens at high boost then it is ignition system noise, if it only happens at high RPM when hot regardless of boost, then more likely the sensor.  

Actually car has COP (Denso coil) and direct spark setup. The wired thing is that this error happened just one singol time at the very first WOT :unsure:, then I've run somethning like 30 wot on Dyno and never came again. 

This weekend car will debut in a race in Austria, hope everything will work fine as weel...

tks

bye, Filippo

Just a good update:

image.thumb.png.5cc9d4c3f1e687ea13fb755474219926.png

Finally non more trig issue, but great result!

This was the test because  last years car runs with another kind of Ecu but this year I pressed for a change of product (in better i mean).

The only little thing I think should be share with all of you, is a little issue we had in the second test stage (for luck was a test, not in race) with flat shift: 

Set in this way:image.png.7f69a87c25218799ca5b4c228c058946.png happen taht car stuck during launch:

image.png.c9fcb5233abe9e5c75fda13c4b7e9ec0.png

That's why foot on clutch pedal (DI8) never completaly released, lockout speed reach during spin, 80% Fuel cut -> engine shut off. (Also ALS was enabled)

I've fix it up just putting speed lockout till 100kmh, but didn't understand why flatshift didn't disednaged once lockout value felt under thashold...

Can I use "Dog unloaded duration" for limit flat shift duration for every eventually?

I remember in old g4+ there were this timeout value (Max Shift time) that would save us in this cas:

image.png.686ab9d047d2c08595bafe68702fab24.png

Adam, I need to talk to you about ALS strategy I'd like to improove for better partializeing throttle drivebility...

Yks, bye

Filippo

So what was the cure for the trigger issue?  Did you replace the cam sensor or find some other cause?  

Can you attach the log so I can see if there is any way to prevent the clutch switch issue.  The lockouts are generally only assessed at the initialisation of the shift, as otherwise they may interrupt a shift if for example the driver briefly lifts off the throttle.   We may have to add something like a "maximum shift time" to this shift mode, but I would like to see the log first.  

2 minutes ago, Adamw said:

So what was the cure for the trigger issue?  Did you replace the cam sensor or find some other cause?  

Can you attach the log so I can see if there is any way to prevent the clutch switch issue.  The lockouts are generally only assessed at the initialisation of the shift, as otherwise they may interrupt a shift if for example the driver briefly lifts off the throttle.   We may have to add something like a "maximum shift time" to this shift mode, but I would like to see the log first.  

No cure at all, just happened that time and then never more...

Yes, as in old g4+ that timeout would be enough for us...

ECU Internal Datalog - nlts start issue.llgx

Hi Adam, did you take a look ti the log?

some news about?

I've got anoteher questione about ALS: I don't understend when exactly ecu exit from ALS routine and back to normal operational or wich is its trigger/tharshold.

image.png.d391df5d95a2491d318fa7acfd8e4244.png set in this way ALS is armed when both rpm end TPS pass over this values 4000 rpm and 60% TPS.

When I release throttle, ALS system starts untill ??? when?? (don't metter about 3s timeout I set)... TPS gets again over 60%+10%Hyst? 

I can't see this behaivour from logs, but partializeing throttle at abot 20-30% timeing pops from ALS table to normal adv table and car jarks... that is a problem for drivebility:

image.png.9b3c7d1fdda8e76548ac33de76483bc0.png