Issue with Link Lambda Sensor

senordos

Having an issue with my lambda sensor... this is a Link Lambda on a Link G4+ ECU.

When I start the car cold and read the numbers in laptop it is spot on with a secondary sensor I have - reading 0.95 <-> 1.05

After a couple of minutes (by which time the car has warmed up a bit) the numbers jump by about 9! So reads 9.95 <-> 10.05

The numbers still move richer and leaner as you'd expect, but they're offset by this large figure.

If I stop car and start again, it remains at this high (lean) figure.

Given it's worked for a ages and I've not changed the wiring, and it works when it first starts cold, ideas on the cause - what I should check? Or is it goosed? If so, why would it be goosed?

Hi Adam,

status shows “Operating”

error shows “Ok”

temp shows “780”

lambda is highlighted red showing 7 -> 10

I’ve added pic of screen and also the real lambda from the other lambda monitor.

cheers,

Christian

IMG_2234.jpeg

IMG_2237.jpeg

Its pretty unusual to have a lambda sensor reporting incorrect values with no other error codes, so Im a bit hesitant to say it is a failing sensor but that is really the only logic that I could fit to your description.  Im assuming the 2 lambda sensors are in a similar location - there is no chance that the Link one is exposed to an air leak but the AEM is not?  

I would try replacing the sensor.

Hi Adam. 

You’re right, both sensors are next to each other more or less. 

I’ll double check around the area just in case as I haven’t looked at the exhaust side. 

When you say replace the sensor - you mean just the sensor and not the link controller too?

thanks.

Just the sensor, they are relatively easily damaged from thermal shock, poisoning from coolant or silicone products as well as mechanical shock from scenarios such as "limiter bangs" or the exhaust hitting something hard at high speed. It is relatively rare for the controller to fail.