RX7 - ECU upgrade from link G4+ to G4X

Copyninja

Hi All,

I am going to swap ECU's from the older G4+ to a G4X next weekend.

Is there an easy way to copy and paste the g4+ tune into the g4x please? or will it be a ballache and i have to tune from scratch?

Cheers,

Pat

I've been thinking of upgrading my G4+ Fury to a G4X as well, so interested in the answer. From what I read, the majority of the tables you'll need to get your car up & running (e.g., VE/fuel, AFR targets, ignition, etc.) can be exported from your G4+ tune and imported into a new G4X tune directly. You would use the import/export table feature that's in the respective PCLink software for G4+ & G4X to do that. Tedious process, but not terribly difficult. Of course there are a number of new features in G4X and a few changes in how G4X does things as compared to G4+ (e.g., closed loop lambda control) that you'll have to pay attention to and re-tune.

yh absolutely, just wondering if there is an easy way to transfer the tune over from the 4+ to the x platform. Dont mind retuning...but hoping Adam or someone from link can confirm best way forward. 

Copy equivalent settings over, I used to have a script that would do a lot of it but that is very out of date now.

Tables can be copied with right click -> Import/Export -> Export to clipboard and then import in the G4X.

Instead of going aux outputs -> Aux 1 and then setting it to say fuel pump you now go Aux Outputs -> Fuel Pump and then select Aux 1 as the output. Same for Analogs and digitals too.

PID Loops will be need tuning, read the help manual where confused.

Changed ECU today from the G4+ to the G4x and i must admit it was not a straight forward swap. 

G4+ Oil and Fuel pressure sensors worked fine but with the new g4x....i'm having issues with calibration.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CfxbvJPWsMTu5qu2WpY572CnF75jki_h/view?usp=sharing

Ive used the linear cal for the same on the g4x but it doesnt seem to read and throwing error codes for these sensors. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yLoYi9ye_tipppoHwkBAQuPKKpwLZTRA/view?usp=sharing

All advise appreciated. I've swapped ecu over to the G4+ and these sensors work. Just wondering when put the g4+ expansion loom into the g4x if this is not being picked up by the g4x?

Am i calibrating the oil and fuel pressure sensors correctly? I've tried a few different ways to see if the cal would pick anything up. 

1. how to calibrate the sensors from the g4+ to the g4x - really need to get oil and fuel pressure back up and running. 

Kind Regards and thanks in advance,

Pat

Your An Volt 5 & 6 sensors are both showing very low voltages, have you looked at the G4X bottom board to make sure it has the same layout of pins and that you have plugged it into the same expansion port?

Also your calibration high pressure value appears to be different G4+ to G4X (100psi instead of 150) and if you have two linear cals the same you can just use the same one by both inputs and based on your G4+ values you can just use the 100kPa (150PSI) Ti Sensor calibration for both without needing any custom calibrations.

Thanks for the above. I managed to resolve a lof of the issues. Looks like the sensor ground cable crimp failed for the expansion loom causing the issue. 

I was having issues with the Link G4x software with live logging in real time. However, using the newest Link G5/g4x software with the G5 logo it seems all the glitchiness is gone away and working smoothly again. 

Another thing i've noticed is the newer g4x in the idle and cruise areas seems to be much much smoother than the g4+. 

The G4+ seemed to have rotary only map and rpm limit. However, it seems the g4x does not have rotary limits. Is this a cycle of life improvement?