Mac Valve is it buggered

Matthew Ball

On 6/14/2024 at 9:38 AM, Vaughan said:

you need to attach a copy of your tune

I want a copy of your tune file not a log, connect PCLink to your ECU then go to the "File" drop down menu and select save as, the file that you save from this should have a ".pclx" extension.

I dont see anything wrong in your map, it can only be a wiring issue.  

On 6/12/2024 at 11:45 PM, Matthew Ball said:

with both wires exposed 1 wire shows 11.89volts with key on mac disconected

Can you confirm this again, your comments above still dont make it clear. 

So to confirm, test like this: With the boost solenoid unplugged, Ign switch on, boost control PWM output set to aux 8, aux 8 test off, active state low, aux 8 status showing "Inactive" in the runtimes, you should have 12V on both pins in the boost controller plug.   

ive only got 1 wire showing 11.89 v but the weirdest thing is when i plugged in just then my e throttle is set to run throttle where i had it set but it turns the aux8 boost solinoid active when i put it in quite mode it turns aux8 off ?

10 hours ago, Matthew Ball said:

113 wire is conected toaux 3 as i dont have a/c for vtc cam

Can you confirm this statement.  Aux 3 should be pin 9, not 113.

9 hours ago, Matthew Ball said:

One pin on auxiliary 8 goes to pin 25 would you know which pin is the other one is so I can check it at the ECU

The 12V supply for the boost valve does not come from the ecu, I think it would come from the ECCS relay.   

Posted (edited)

Hi there I just hooked a jump wire to the side of the Mac valve that was not getting power and did a pwm test an it works so I have a power problem like you said so I'll chase that only other question I have is I've calibrated the e throttle and it is sitting at 22percent so it is going active on the boost valve as the table is coming into play when it's on run throttle as it's open to far.  fine on quiet throttle how do I get the throttle plate to close more? Thanks heaps for persevering with these teething issues lots of thanks 👍 👍 👍 

Edited by Matthew Ball
Thanks heaps