Question about setting up LINK at altitudes.

Bud

Hi

I  build an Historyc rally car  Peugeot 309 GTI 16v Gr.a with a LINK Monsoon.

It is an atmospheric engine 

I'm worried about the low air pressure at the altitude and the fuel going out of control.

What settings do I need to do it ?

Equation Loasd Source >> Load= MAP or BAP ?
Do i need to made 4D map correction with BAP & IAT?

My link settings are below.

Fuel Equation Mode >> Traditional

Fuel Table Load Axis >> TPS

Thanks.

Ludovic

1 hour ago, Bud said:

Equation Loasd Source >> Load= MAP or BAP ?

Either will work fine.  I would only use MAP if you have an idle valve or vacuum assisted brake booster, otherwise BAP.  

1 hour ago, Bud said:

Do i need to made 4D map correction with BAP & IAT?

BAP will compensate automatically since equation load source = BAP.  Nothing else should be needed.  

@Adamw what does Load = BAP do in the background, and how can it be mimicked with a 4D table? I understand the 4D table can be setup with BAP in the axis, but I’m asking what percentages would lead to the same output, if possible.

With Load=MAP I haven’t noticed huge changes across 74 to 85 BAP. Maybe 5% at most so far and couldn’t tell if it was due to some other variables, like heat soak etc. would like to know if it was altitude related for sure.

The fuel calculation is multiplied be "Equation load source".  I cant remember if 100 or 101kPa is the "standard" off the top of my head but it doesn't really matter for this conversation.  So say at 100Kpa BAP your injector PW was 10ms, at 90kPa BAP it would be 9ms.  

3 hours ago, castillaricardo said:

With Load=MAP I haven’t noticed huge changes across 74 to 85 BAP. Maybe 5% at most so far and couldn’t tell if it was due to some other variables, like heat soak etc. would like to know if it was altitude related for sure.

If you have TPS on the fuel table axis like the OP then Load = MAP will give you pretty much the same amount of compensation as Load = BAP.