Razor PDM thin insulation cable uk

Jed_dc2

Edit, I managed to answer most of my own questions, only thing I really need help with is finding a UK source for the thin insulation cable that’s recommended in the manual.

preferably stuff I can buy cut to length 

thanks 

Jed 

Edited by Jed_dc2

• Jed_dc2 changed the title to Razor PDM thin insulation cable uk

I would suggest using "mil-spec" wire such as M22759/32.  In the UK they tend to refer to it more as "Spec 55" or "Spec 44".  I dont know the UK market well but here is an example that looks similar to what we pay for small qty's in NZ: https://rrrshop.co.uk/collections/cables-and-wires/products/raychem-55-wires

Often for me importing from someone like prowire USA works out cheaper than local suppliers if I have connectors and other stuff in the same order.

If you dont want to go to the expense of mil-spec wire then you might find something like FLRY-A or B locally.   

17 hours ago, aerace_fab said:

What do you mean by thin insulation cable?

Maybe "this" is supposed to be "THHN" for a heat, fuel, and oil-resistant insulation? 

Or maybe it's supposed to be "thin" copper strands like in a high-strand-count automotive wire for high flexibility?

On 10/8/2024 at 4:20 AM, Laminar said:

Maybe "this" is supposed to be "THHN" for a heat, fuel, and oil-resistant insulation? 

Or maybe it's supposed to be "thin" copper strands like in a high-strand-count automotive wire for high flexibility?

No, exactly what it says - wire with thin insulation.  If you are using the full current capability of the HC outputs you will likely need 18AWG or even 16AWG sized conductor depending on length and volt drop criteria, but many specifications of common 18 & 16AWG automotive wire will have an insulation diameter too large to fit in the superseal 1.0 connector housing. The max insulation diameter that the connector will accept is about 2.2mm.