G5 Wifi for log download

kiwi-racer

I have been searching, I see in the firmware release notes there were firmware fixes,  Are people using Wifi now to connect, control / download logs ? - Mine's setup as an AP, I can see the device, connect, and it disconnects..  - Any tips/tricks ?

I have a issue with my USB connection that getting 8 hours of race logs off the G5 is just unbearable, every 2-3 logs the ECU disconnects from the laptop (it's a brand new dell laptop), good cables, etc. 

The wifi connection is even slower than USB to download logs so Im not sure that is the answer you are looking for.  Some of the bottleneck is due to a less desirable communication chipset that had to be used due to the chip shortage at the time of G5 release.  I believe now the chips are available there is an updated coms board in the works which will greatly improve G5 connection and download speeds, both wifi and USB, so I hope this will be made available as an update to existing G5 users in the future. 

Your disconnection during USB downloading is unusual though, I have very rarely seen any issue.  Is the laptop going to sleep or something?  Have you had a good review of the logging frequencies and channel count to minimise the size of the downloads?