Possumlink V5 Wrx MY00 Idle Issue

Nicholas Dang

Hi guys I've got a V5 Possumlink (WRX99R - on the chipset) that I plugged into my MY00 wrx (not STI) to tune. My tuner and I came across a problem where the Link is unable to adjust the IACV. *This was tested by plugging in the stock ECU to test if the IACV was working* When the Link is plugged in, the IACV does not move (makes noises but the rod does not move at all) which causes the idle to sit at 1800-2000rpm on idle. Can it be that the LINK is faulty? Or are there settings that we can change to fix this. Thanks in advance. Nick

It is likely if the idle is this high the ECU has locked idle control out. If you can load the engine up and get the RPM under 1500 there is a chance the idle will then come right. This is assuming that the TPS is reading correct at closed throttle. Failing that it could well be a damaged ECU.

You need to slow the motor down. By putting load on to it with the throttle closed. You can load it up on the clutch. You might be able to take the stepper out and wind it closed. Also check your idle hot and cold numbers. It could be worth lowering these.

I tried slipping the clutch to slow the idle down but it didn't seem like make a difference. The only way I was able to get the idle down to 1000rpm was to use the stock ecu until the idle was about 900-1000rpm. I then Disconnected the idle stepper motor. Plugged the Link in and left the idle stepper motor disconnected. It doesn't seem like the Link can control the idle.

• 2 years later...