Map Sensor

vnm02

Hi Guys, I have a quick question in relation to the internal map sensor on the storm, Is it 4kpa or 2.5 because there is no selection for the 4.0 in the software??

I am having trouble calibrating the internal map, as it keeps saying that it is either <5kpa or >5kpa and can not be calibrated.

I have the smae engine running the same ECU just older and the two map pressures are different the old ECU is set to 2.5kpa.

Any ideas????

Thanks

Hi Bruce.

The Storm has a 2.5bar MAP sensor (1.5bar positive), so will read up to about 22psi (150Kpa).  Make sure you only have 1 x MAP sensor selected in the set up or it will have issues.  If you have another wired in for some other reason, this must be selected as a GP Input on your an volt channel. 

Be sure the MAP sensor in the program is selected as MAP 2.5bar, and as a test you could either measure the output wire (white) at the MAP sensor, or look at the voltage on that AN channel using your runtimes (F12).  At rest, as in key on and no engine running it should be reading approximately 1.8v (100Kpa).

Let us know how you get on.

Jurgen