Injection #8 active when in hold power

Michael Lusby

Hi Guys,

Wired in my gearbox cooler pump the other day to injection #8, it is active low and the ecu sinks the current flowing the relay winding. The relay winding is wired to ignition switched 12V, and the relay is open when the ignition is fully off and the ecu is powered down (i.e not powering the ecu up via freewheeling diode).

I can turn the ignition on and the ecu fires up, primes the fuel pump etc etc and I can then test the output of injection #8 by pulling the output is low (gearbox pump running) or high (gearbox pump off), it also sinks current from a small bulb in the dash (also wired to ignition switched 12V). When I turn the ignition off, and the ecu goes into hold power mode to reset the idle stepper the gearbox pump fires into life so the ecu must be pulling injection #8 low to sink current. The ecu is holding the main relay open which is providing power to the relay winding and the bulb. When the ecu turns the main relay off the pump stops.

It appears to me that the ecu firmware is setting injection #8 low when in hold power mode.

Regards,

Mike

• 3 weeks later...