0 - 5V aux output for boost gauge

a6_quattro

Hi

I've just bought and finished wiring my Fury on my Audi AAN.

I'm now wondering if there is a possibility to have a aux output 0 -  5V for my OEM boost gauge? I've looked but can't find anything useful to use for this.

Also I would now if there is any way to have the injector duty cycle for an output to display the OEM MPG gauge?

Regards

Hans

Hi Hans,

I'm now wondering if there is a possibility to have a aux output 0 -  5V for my OEM boost gauge? I've looked but can't find anything useful to use for this.

The ECU is not capable of outputting a 0 to 5v variable voltage signal. It is capable of outputting a variable frequency and PWM signal. Are you sure your boost gauge doesn't receive a signal like this? If you are using a multi-meter to measure the signal it is probably averaging the PWM type signal and making it look like a varying voltage.

Also I would now if there is any way to have the injector duty cycle for an output to display the OEM MPG gauge?

Possibly you could just connect an injector output to the gauge in parallel? If not, then yes, you can set an Auxiliary Output to 'GP PWM' and then set the x axis of the table to 'Inj Duty Cycle' and set the Y axis to nothing. Then fill out the table as in the image below.

GP PWM.PNG

Edited by Scott

• 1 month later...

Audi AAN Motronic puts definitly a 0-5V output for boost gauge in cluster... so cluster expects 0-5V... I know this exactly... you have to use a 250kPA pressure sensor and put the rare output signal to the cluster.

IMG_1180k.jpg

Great info T4700!

Is it then possible to "clone" the output signal from the map sensor to get it to work?

I realise that it won't show the correct pressure when having another sensor than 250kPa but at least it will show something. :) 

Regards

Hans

right, it will not show correct when you use a different map sensor...  the gauge is only a DVM, calibrated with resistors to show the right pressure for a 250KpA. Maybe it can be re-calibrated If getting deep into the circuit and its resistors...  but I never cared about that...

Edited by T4700