G4 Storm Loom Extension ?

shaunwil

I've put the ECU in a bit of a tight spot and my tuner has advised moving it to somewhere more accessible.

I don't want to be re-splicing a perfectly good loom. Can I get the Male plug or even better still a plug-in extension cable at a set length ?

Cheers

Shaun

you get the male and female superseal connectors from a bunch of different online retailers, eg:

http://au.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity/6437288-1/?qs=%2Fha2pyFadugsO3aYQvkzqyA73FIc0jqGKnNNCk9TnW7zM12b4OmC7w%3D%3D

Just check the keyway layout for the different parts from their datasheets before ordering.

Edited by JMP

I personally would try to avoid an extension if you can - as with any critical electronics, less connections is better.  Does it really matter where the ECU is? - what do you need regular easy access to it for?

If it is just to make it easier to connect the tuning cable then I would instead extend the tuning cable and/or leave it permanently connected.