Honda coils , built in igniter

Leonsnow

Hello 

Anyone here has an experience with honda CRV coils , it comes with built in igniter 3 pins diagram 

I want to know ,  it goes rising or falling edge ?and how do I figure it out .

Thank you.v much

I dont have any experience with these specific coils but I'm fairly sure they will be the normal falling edge.  As far as I know it was only the old honda "coil in distributor" types from the early '90s that were rising edge.

Here's a quick test that should confirm;  Remove #2 coil from its hole, but leave it connected to the wiring and insert a spare spark plug into the coil and ground the body of the spark plug.  In PC link, temporarily set ignition mode to distributor and do a store.  With ignition turned on, now go to "aux outputs - ign" and while watching the spark plug, set ignition drive #2 to "test (on)" (polarity setting should be low). You might have to try clicking between "test (on)" and "off" a couple of times to get a good feel for what is happening.  If you see a spark the instant you turn "test on" then the coil is falling edge.  If you see a spark the instant you turn test off then it is a rising edge coil.