3d map limits and dual table flex tune

efi265

Hi guys is there a way to  get a 3d map limit so I can run separate maps for petrol and e85 the petrol has ect on the axis but would like different map limits for ethanol  perhaps a 3d map based on ethanol percentage .I am running  dual fuel maps now .my ethanol maps are switched off a virtual switch I read about on the forums thanks guys my 4d ignition and 5d fuel overlays i am running ethanol percent and rpm also virtually switched at 20% ethanol .If I put 10 in the 5d fuel.map at a certain  ethanol percent rpm does this add 10% or reduce 10% to the fuel map it says it reduces the fuel from the active fuel table .?same applies for 4d  ignition .cheers 

Ross

Hi guys is there a way to  get a 3d map limit so I can run separate maps for petrol and e85 the petrol has ect on the axis but would like different map limits for ethanol  

You can turn on "Dual Map Limit".  Set the 2nd MAP limit to be activated by the same virtual Aux you already have set up.

If I put 10 in the 5d fuel.map at a certain  ethanol percent rpm does this add 10% or reduce 10% to the fuel map it says it reduces the fuel from the active fuel table .?same applies for 4d  ignition .cheers 

If you have a value of 10 in the 5D table it will add 10% to your main table.  If you have -10 in the 5D table it will remove 10% from the main fuel table. 

The example given in the help screenshot above says "-10%".  

So to clarify, if you put 10 in the 4D table it will increase your injected fuel volume by 10%.  If you put -10 in the 4D table it will reduce your injected fuel volume by 10%.

Edited by Adamw
Reworded for clarity.

Yes the MAP limit tables will completely swap depending on the state of your activation input (it should be set as your same virtual aux that you use to switch your fuel table in your case).  If you dont believe this is working correctly for you then you can post a .pcl and log here or email it to tech support via our contact us page and I will take a look at it for you.

7SWWbyv.png

efi265, I just had a quick look at your log, I'm not sure it is a good example of the problem you are describing as it all looks as expected to me.  Can you maybe explain better what you expect to see?

In this example, Your virtual aux 2 is active the whole time.  That means Map limit 2 table is active the whole time.  Your ECT is 70°C so the limit would be 256Kpa which is correctly shown in the time plot.  However you are only boosting to 220KPa so the MAP limit will not be doing anything at all.

LKmjc4L.png

ok so why would boost be limiting to 220 kpa we added more duty cycle but nothing happened do we need to raise the map limit I thought the map limit was directly in collaboration with boost limit. hence having a higher map limit for e85 of 24kpa map but didn't even gain more than 1 psi guess I have this all wrong  

ok so i just looked at the boost trims ECT @50 Degrees is incorrect id say the IAT seems ok maybe a bit high early on I blew off my boost signal fitting from the intercooler pipe to waste gate  boost controller so I'm very happy to say the boost limit must of worked thank Christ, we managed to do 2 more runs with it plugged off so thumbs up link

it is only a $300 engine running low 12's so I wasn't to concerned if it blew up we just wanted to add more boost but nothing ever happened then we could of gone faster

Edited by efi265

So it seems you might not undersatnd the function of the MAP limit table but I will explain that better later.  For now the most important thing that you need to know is you have a problem with your MAP sensor.  It appears it is only a 2 bar sensor.  In your logs it is pegged at 4.85V @ 220KPa.  So you are probably boosting a lot more than you think, just your sensor cant read any higher and the consequently the ECU doesnt have any idea.  Fix that first then we can talk more about the MAP limit table.

Hey mate have just installed a Link 4bar Map sensor and switched from rx7 to 4bar on the map sensor selection then run a map calibration is there anything else to be done to confirm its reading correctly

cheers now you can advise me on map limit table Brent mention that they can be upto 15kpa out  ?

thanks

e85 runner.pcl

I havent done a log run yet

Edited by efi265

Hey mate have just installed a Link 4bar Map sensor and switched from rx7 to 4bar on the map sensor selection then run a map calibration is there anything else to be done to confirm its reading correctly

That should be all you need to do.

now you can advise me on map limit table Brent mention that they can be upto 15kpa out  ?

I'm not sure what you mean here?  The MAP limit table is just as it sounds - a limit for manifold pressure.  Just like an RPM limit you set it to something above the normal maximum value that you run so that if something goes wrong (i.e wastegate hose ruptures for instance), then the MAP limit will cut the engine hopefully before it destroys itself.  If you normally run say 200KPa boost then you might set your MAP limit to say 220KPa.