Road tune AFR

Anthony Parle

I think what you're looking for is a function called auto tune (f10 key in pc link)

When i got my ecu i put in my target table and went for a drive using auto tune thinking it'll all work out

But for auto tune to work you got to stay in the cell for a few seconds and thats nearly impossible to do with every cell

What i did after was logging while driving then use the mixture map to get closer to target map, while this helped but i find going back to the log and manually changing the cells is better. 

I've got my ecu for 3 months now and that's my method, there's probably a better method that someone can post up so we can both learn :)

Edited by gc8h4t

You can do it from ecu or PC logging.  You just need to make sure you log all the required parameters.  I assume as a bare minimum that would be RPM, MAP/TP/Load, Lambda 1 & Target Lambda.  Maybe others I havent considered but you will soon find out when you try.

I managed to get the Mixture Map to work when I did it from the laptop direct plugged so it logged but I also had totally no luck getting it to run form the ECU logged file.

What way do you get it to work off the ECU log file.

Also I may have noticed an other problem with ECU log.  If I dod a change to the Config file on the laptop then connect to the ECU and down load the file to the ECU it seems that the ECU file is turned off.  You must be plugged into the ECU and open ECU set up log then save the changes to the ecu and it starts working again.  I can't double check this is the case as I blew the motor today at the track.  When I get the car running again I will try to see if I am correct.

Edited by Anthony Parle

Tony, if you want to email me your ecu log and .pclr file I will take a look at why the mixture map is not working for you:  NAjJcZt.png

I have read your second paragraph numerous times but still cant work out what you are talking about.  Do you mean ecu logging is automatically turned off if you load a map into the ecu that had the logging enabled? 

Hi Adam,

I will email the files to you later today when I get to that laptop.

On the other issue yes.

So save a copy of the program from the ECU to the computer with the ECU logging set up to work etc.  Disconnect from the ECU and turn it off, make some change to the program on the computer.  Turn the ECU on a log onto it then up load the changed program from the computer, disconnect computer power down the ECU then power up now the ECU logging will no longer work. (as I say I suspect this is what is turning it off all the time on me)

So save a copy of the program from the ECU to the computer with the ECU logging set up to work etc.  Disconnect from the ECU and turn it off, make some change to the program on the computer.  Turn the ECU on a log onto it then up load the changed program from the computer, disconnect computer power down the ECU then power up now the ECU logging will no longer work. (as I say I suspect this is what is turning it off all the time on me)

Hmmm.  I havent been able to reproduce this one.  Saved current .pclr from ECU to desktop.  With ECU offline I then changed ECU logging settings (rate, channels and conditions) then saved .pclr.  Connected ECU, loaded in saved .pclr file, performed store.  Checked ECU logging settings all looked correct.  Powered down, powered up, reconnected, checked ecu logging settings all still present and correct.  

I have been thinking, does the speed rate of the logging effect then accuracy of the map.  Given that one of the options is the number of times the reading was taken in a cell (Minimum Sample)?

The main thing to keep in mind is the more samples that you have, the better the data will be.  So you can log at a high frequency for a short time or you can log at a lower frequency for a long time and end up with pretty similar data.  Usually higher frequency will allow you to capture more samples in some of the cells that you may not visit much under normal driving.